By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE reviews [82 on Metacritic]

I was expecting this game to be bad given it's situation in Japan, so it's a pleasant surprise, to say the least, that it turned out to be a solid JRPG and critics actually liked it. I'll be picking it whenever i have a chance of visiting a game store, finally i have something to look forward for my Wii U.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Ruler said:

dont you know Poligons agenda?

Eh... you are making no sense.

Polygon agenda is feminist, that's why they gave Bayo 2 a lower score, however this game is plenty of sexy chicks with big boobs
, I was expecting them to give it a low score for that, yet they gave it the highest one, howdoes that fit with their agenda?

You are twisting reality again Ruler. 

Which was all censored to please people like poligon

Ruler said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Eh... you are making no sense.

Polygon agenda is feminist, that's why they gave Bayo 2 a lower score, however this game is plenty of sexy chicks with big boobs
, I was expecting them to give it a low score for that, yet they gave it the highest one, howdoes that fit with their agenda?

You are twisting reality again Ruler. 

Bullshit, and even if the game show less body still a game plenty of sexy chick witch very big boobs and high pitch voices, not exactly a feminist dream.

Goodnightmoon said:
Ruler said:

Bullshit, and even if the game show less body still a game plenty of sexy chick witch very big boobs and high pitch voices, not exactly a feminist dream.

Not BS. Poligon just realized that they have to adapt as they are losing this battle, more gamers are aware than ever before and in the end of the day money speaks louder than their opinion pieces.

Thats why they have to make consiousens and lower their own agenda bar and give the game a near perfect score.

Ruler said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Not BS. Poligon just realized that they have to adapt as they are losing this battle, more gamers are aware than ever before and in the end of the day money speaks louder than their opinion pieces.

Thats why they have to make consiousens and lower their own agenda bar and give the game a near perfect score.

Maybe that's true, but I don't think they gave this game that score because of that at all, if something they didn't lowered for feminist reasons as they did for Bayo 2, buf this game is not big enough in the eyes of the public to spread that message you talk about and they are not the only critics that gave this game a 9 or more, I counted 7 with a 9 or more and there still more reviews to come.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Or they liked the game for the reasons outlined in the review, reasons echoed by nearly every other positive review.  I don't like Polygon in general cause they have low journalistic standards and let their writers fall back on sensationalist bullocks a lot but I'm not going to write off everything they say.  I read the review, it sounds fine and in line with others.  The specific reviewer just really enjoyed it.  I know the media makes hay over the whole feminism and censorship boohaha but - and I know this will stun you - a lot of people don't give a toss, both within and outside the games media.

I'm really glad for the great review scores. My copy is on it's way and can't wait to give it a go.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on this site looking forward to playing Mario and sonic at the 2016 rio olympics. I've read a few reviews and I'm actually looking forward to it, Motion controls gone, and it's more like the track and field games of old (some timing and button mashing) plus some small versions of sports games like boxing and beach volleyball and rugby.

Sorry anyway back on topic Tokyo Mirage Sessions, I hope its great and sells some copies.

I'm glad its getting solid reviews. Tokyo Mirage Sessions appears to be looking good as a JRPG. I hope to try it soon for my own thoughts. Another solid title in the Wii U's library. Of course there will be some who will bash the game for not being the crossover they expected. In the end, the devs had a different kind of vision and decided to utilize elements of both SMT and FE and create something different and its own thing, which shouldn't be maligned just because its something not in accordance to our expectations (at least prior to its actual initial reveal from last year). If it were like that, we probably wouldn't have had Metroid Prime, Wii Sports, Wind Waker, Sunshine, Wii, DS, 3DS, etc.

This game is fantastic. It might have my favourite RPG combat system in years. Also, it's really stylish and the characters are really, really charming for a JRPG. Fantastic use of the Gamepad, working as a "mobile". It's fun to read all the messages people send to you, related to the quests or just random comments XD.

Don't mind the user score, if you don't care about not seeing boobs (and you sill see them either way XD) every time and you like JRPGs, you won't have any problem with the game. I'm getting tired of people judging a game based on how many quantity of flesh they can see. 

The number of people I have seen on Metacritic who openly admit they haven't played the game and are giving out unrepresentative, lying scores regardless is pathetic.  Grow up people.

Oh and the one guy who said in his review that if you like Awakening or Fates, you're not a real Fire Emblem fan, to whom I say  get lost you pretentious, self-absorbed, elitist prat.

Good to see the actual reception is largely very postive.  From everything I've seen, it's not my jam but it look slike a very well made game with a great turn based system and some really nice visual design.