By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom's Petition to put RE5 on the Wii

ameratsu said:

All that i'm saying is that it's pretty clear Capcom's xbox/ps strategies are quite different from their wii strategy (just look at whats announced/out for the wii). while it would be good for people who swear by the wii controls, i don't see any evidence of this happening... just wishful thinking on the part of wii owners.

i could see this game on nintendo's next console, though.

Who's claiming that it is happening? The point of the petition is to make it so.

And announced games do not prove future announced games. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Onimusha12 said:

Are you bothered by the thought of the playing field somehow being leveled between the HD consoles and the Wii? Does it make you scared to think the HD consoles might lose their forced niche is the Wii gets their games too?

Yes, I am bothered by it. I think that anytime a big game is on the Wii it's a complete waste. Big AAA games should be for the console that can handle them, not the Wii. Small AAA game with low development costs and niche status should go to the Wii and DS.

Guys, I've got some bad news.  Apparently, Super Mario Galazy is only a small AAA game with niche status. :(  Apparently Super Smash Bro's Brawl is too.  I was unaware of this fact, but apparently it's true.  Plus, I'm so glad all the developers were wise and held off on putting AAA games on any of the consoles before this generation.  Man, they showed some great foresight there.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Onimusha12 said:

Are you bothered by the thought of the playing field somehow being leveled between the HD consoles and the Wii? Does it make you scared to think the HD consoles might lose their forced niche is the Wii gets their games too?

Yes, I am bothered by it. I think that anytime a big game is on the Wii it's a complete waste. Big AAA games should be for the console that can handle them, not the Wii. Small AAA game with low development costs and niche status should go to the Wii and DS.

Watch the trolling Riot.  The "Wii can't handle" them stuff is crossing the line.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Onimusha12 said:

So let's just put every big budget game on PC only.   To go with that, no big budget game should have been on the PS2 last gen.   I mean that's the logic you're protraying here.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Onimusha12 said:

So let's just put every big budget game on PC only. To go with that, no big budget game should have been on the PS2 last gen. I mean that's the logic you're protraying here.

No, the PS2 tried to be powerful, so that's okay. Not trying to be powerful should be punished by losing big budget games. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

Yes, that makes perfect sense to developers whose goal is to achieve a profit. Yeah, let's just restrict their big budget efforts to consoles that require a minimum of 500k to 1 million units sold to achieve profit.

Punish Nintendo for doing something gutsy, providing a new method of input, and providing developers/publishers with a channel to reach mass market quickly and cost effectively?

Sorry pal, but the video game industry doesn't revolve around a fanboy mentality, it revolves around money.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Yes, that makes perfect sense to developers whose goal is to achieve a profit. Yeah, let's just restrict their big budget efforts to consoles that require a minimum of 500k to 1 million units sold to achieve profit.

Punish Nintendo for doing something gutsy, providing a new method of input, and providing developers/publishers with a channel to reach mass market quickly and cost effectively?

Sorry pal, but the video game industry doesn't revolve around a fanboy mentality, it revolves around money.

We you respoinding to me or riot?

If you meant me, I was half being sarcastic, and half just trying to explain the reasons for hating big games on the Wii.

naznatips said:

Watch the trolling Riot. The "Wii can't handle" them stuff is crossing the line.

Sorry about that, Naznatipz. I have a bad way of wording my opinion sometimes. Let me clear it up by saying this: I'd rather have them on a the console that *I* think can handle them better and can give me a more enjoyable experience for my money.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
naznatips said:

Watch the trolling Riot. The "Wii can't handle" them stuff is crossing the line.

Sorry about that, Naznatipz. I have a bad way of wording my opinion sometimes. Let me clear it up by saying this: I'd rather have them on a the console that *I* think can handle them better and can give me a more enjoyable experience for my money.

But just downgrading the graphics won't necessarily make the experience less enjoyable. That's the BS that made Sony and Microsoft loose so much money this time. 

To some extent yes LordofNightKnight.

Graphics are cosmetic, they are nice and I would certainly be happy if the Wii had the PS3's power, but I'm content in knowing that in Nintendo's waiting one more generation, rather than jumping the gun like MS and Sony did, they've ensured their place in the industry as number one once more.

I personally would rather have the Wii controls for RE5 over the 360/PS3's graphics though to be honest. Graphics are one of the few aspects of a game with an expiration date. Better ones are always just around the corner, why sacrifice so much just to have them now?