By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Socom coming September 16...

From 1UP:

We've brought you several big stories on SOCOM Confrontation in the past month, but today Sony passed on one more important piece of information: a release date. The latest iteration of the popular online shooter franchise will be arriving on September 16.

To celebrate this news, tomorrow Sony will be launching SOCOM.com, an online community site devoted to the game. Pre-release, the site will provide regular news updates as well as a place for fans to get together. Once the game has launched, gamers will discover full integration with the website, including near real-time stat tracking, clan management tools, and more.

You can check out 1UP's most recent online preview of SOCOM from the beginning of the year, but if you want a more up-to-date and in-depth look at the game, you'll want to pick up the May issue of EGM -- the one with the colorful SOCOM cover below. Check it out on newsstands next week or in your mailbox any day now if you're a subscriber. EDIT: And enjoy the new exclusive screenshot above!

Around the Network

Wow about time

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

much later than I expected. Not that I would buy it anyway.

I wonder what Sony has in store between May to Aug.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I don't know, but LBP, KZ2, and Socom all in September? That's a lot. And with R2 coming in November, the shooters may cannibalize each other.

Well they can't put these games with Metal Gear, GTA 4, and GT5 P.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills
Around the Network

Damn, they sure are taking their sweet time with SOCOM: Confrontation. It's not even a full game. If Confrontation is supposed to be out in September, when the hell will SOCOM 4 be out?  Very disappointed to hear that it's taking Sony so long to get their games out, while third parties are already pushing out great games like COD4 and R6: Vegas 2.

Thats another one for list of september releases- Socom, LBP, and Killzone 2. You would think they would spread them out a little more

Go PS3. Down with X360

Definite must buys of September: SOCOM, LBP.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
makingmusic476 said:
I don't know, but LBP, KZ2, and Socom all in September? That's a lot. And with R2 coming in November, the shooters may cannibalize each other.

Wow thats later than I thought.

I think sony should have hustled to get this out in July/August because as music said, Sept/Nov is already crowded with great shooters.