By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Behold, quite possibly the best news for FFXV

Nothing says Final Fantasy like a difficulty option.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I don't like the wait feature, it looks like it might break my immersion.

If it was more like FF12 ATB it would be great but I'll have to try this out myself to see if I'll like this WAIT Mode.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
method114 said:
VXIII said:

Now that is interesting. It works almost like a turned based combat. Pause the action. Give a direct commands to the party members, execute. Excellent addition.

So like dragon age? I hope so I love that system.

I like that aspect about DA combat. But I disliked other things about it that prevented me from enjoying it.

deskpro2k3 said:

I don't like the wait feature, it looks like it might break my immersion.

If it was more like FF12 ATB it would be great but I'll have to try this out myself to see if I'll like this WAIT Mode.

In FF12, you could stop the gameplay and make decisions mid battle just by pressing the up arrow, so much so you could basically play the entire game like that without gambits. Except you know, actual strategic ones, like picking out a specific magic or summon you needed to use right there and then. This 'Wait' feature (calling it a feature is stupid as it should always be standard in an FF game) should allow you to use the magic to some actual usefulness (I found in the demo that using magic as some sort of grenade was pointless as in ALL previous FF games, magic was a pick and use spell that never missed be was specifically used to target vunerbilities, bombs are weak to ice for example), this video showed you might actually be able to do that.

That doesn't make my thoughts on the game any less 'step in with caution'.

Hmm, pie.

hm.. combat in hardest setting with wait mode might actually be the kind of thing I'd enjoy