By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn may be the best new IP this generation

Tagged games:

Horizon

Da new IP king! 127 37.69%

Great new IP 107 31.75%

Good new IP 52 15.43%

Average new IP 36 10.68%

Bad new IP 0 0%

Horrible new IP 9 2.67%

Go back to Killzone! 6 1.78%

Total:337

IMO it will also be the best RPG to date YES that's right, including JRPG as it looks much better than FF15 and Western games like The Witcher. As a product it is the total package compared to any RPG from any gen and actually has good combat with free controls and action/stealth game abilities. This is what The Witcher failed to do and FF does not have this type of open world with freedom.

Around the Network

That would be great, but there's already some stiff competition: Splatoon, Shovel Knight, Severed, Runbow, Titanfall, etc.

The combat looks really, really good, no doubt. I still have some lingering anxieties about the game being too scripted - that seems to be Sony's MO lately - but if the game is truly a sandbox that allows full player freedom we might have something here.

I would love it if Guerrilla scored big with this one. I'm no fan of its recent work, but I love the original Killzone.

Luke888 said:
Not to be THAT GUY, I'm shure the game has been in development for far more than a year before it was announced last year but... Am I the only one that got Zelda vibes from last night's trailer ? I dunno but the latest trailer has me thinking about the Zelda E3 2014 trailer, the protagonist riding a quadrupede while fighting a spider-like robot and wielding a technological Bow and Arrow, they even went slow-mo when she targeted for the final shot...

Again I'm not acusing anyone of anything but it's indeed very strange for me...

It has practically in development since Killzone 3, since development started in 2011. So it didn't steal from Zelda since the idea was around for quite a while I guess. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Miyamotoo said:
It very hard to say until game come out, but hardly will beat Splatoon. :)

He said best, not best selling.

EDIT: Lol I'm not sure why you guys keep saying Splatoon, I'm pretty sure it isn't the highest rated new IP this gen.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Azzanation said:
So far Sea of Thieves holds that title for me. Horizon looks great however GG track record isnt something ill be having high hopes for. They make great looking games but they tend to lack where it counts.

I agree that Shadow Fall wasn't all that great but Killzone 3 was a good game (84MC) and Killzone 2 was a great game (91MC). If you don't enjoy those games that is fine, but the track record of the studio isn't that bad really.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
So far Sea of Thieves holds that title for me. Horizon looks great however GG track record isnt something ill be having high hopes for. They make great looking games but they tend to lack where it counts.

If we're gonna bring up track record, Rare hasn't exactly been stellar for a good while either...

Luke888 said:
Not to be THAT GUY, I'm shure the game has been in development for far more than a year before it was announced last year but... Am I the only one that got Zelda vibes from last night's trailer ? I dunno but the latest trailer has me thinking about the Zelda E3 2014 trailer, the protagonist riding a quadrupede while fighting a spider-like robot and wielding a technological Bow and Arrow, they even went slow-mo when she targeted for the final shot...

Again I'm not acusing anyone of anything but it's indeed very strange for me...

the game has been in development for 5.5 years now. 

Ali_16x said:
Miyamotoo said:
It very hard to say until game come out, but hardly will beat Splatoon. :)

He said best, not best selling.

EDIT: Lol I'm not sure why you guys keep saying Splatoon, I'm pretty sure it isn't the highest rated new IP this gen.

i think bloodborne is. 

The setting looked a bit wacky but it does look cool. I'll wait till it's released before I judge anything though. God knows that games we thought were gonna be amazing like Watch Dogs turned out crappy :P then again, it could very well be different here.

MohammadBadir said:
The setting looked a bit wacky but it does look cool. I'll wait till it's released before I judge anything though. God knows that games we thought were gonna be amazing like Watch Dogs turned out crappy :P then again, it could very well be different here.

Calling Watch_Dogs crappy is reaching extremely much.