By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elder Scrolls Skyrim Special Edition (Remaster) announced for PS4/XBO (PC version owners w/all DLC get free upgrade to Special Edition) - UPDATE Console versions get Mod support + $60 via Amazon

Tagged games:

LuckyTrouble said:
Seems kind of silly to even bother with the PC version, to be honest. You can already apply some amazing HD mods that do all the cool stuff anyways. It's a nice gesture, at the least.

If you mod already, you should know that the less mods used is always better.

So if I still played this game, or go back to it, I would gladly install this new updated version so that I don't have to toss on 10 mods just to up my visuals to this.

And you know mods are going to make this updated version even better in future. (if supported, not sure how much support this old game will continue getting) Many might have moved on to say fallout 4 or something else.

Around the Network

Probably one of the most needed remasters. The game did not run well last gen and it was noticeably held back and this is coming from a lifelong console gamer who almost never dips into PC. It lagged more and more as your game got further and the load times were long and frequent. A smoother framerate and shorter load times will be all I need let alone the res increase and DLC. Not to mention I'll get it on Amazon so really only $48 on release minus whatever I sell the PS3 copy for on Ebay.

I am Iron Man

I have it on PC but this is a game I also want on my PS4, I have a lot of night and weekend shifts and I cannot bring my PC to work, lol

Twitter @CyberMalistix

As someone who has a distaste for First Person...

I really don't care about Bethesda. My brother will be thrilled, though.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Looks pretty meh. I mean, it's Skyrim so it looks, well, aged, but it still looks pretty nice, but there don't really seem to be that big improvements. The comparisons seemed like they had a different time of day, so it's really hard to compare the different versions properly.

As someone who owns the original on PC, I'm OK with this though since it doesn't cost extra to me. This looks like it should be a free update to PC owners, and that's exactly what they did. Too bad if it's still a separate game instead of an update to the old one though. I don't really like having two Skyrims cluttering my Steam library, and I fear this might confuse the modding part a bit.

Around the Network
Azuren said:

Couldn't hate FP any more, but enjoyed Skyrim thanks to the option to play in 3rd person.

Azuren said:

You can play Skyrim in third person view.

"Let's just take all the work of our modding community and sell it !"

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

LurkerJ said:
Azuren said:

You can play Skyrim in third person view.

You can also play Dark Souls with Donkey Konga Bongos... I still wouldnt recommend it though

vivster said:
Guess what game's gonna be popular in this year's steam sale.

Everyone owns it already.