By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 leaked Images

Tagged games:

So is this basically Dynasty Warriors but with Zombies and only one warrior choice?

I recall liking the first couple on Xbox360, but it seems like there's better options now.

Around the Network
Wright said:
pokoko said:

I'm still not interested in fighting hordes of mindless enemies, however, and have always skipped these games because of that.

While a core aspect of these games, it's not the only one. There are a lot of activities you can take part in, mainly following the storyline (which for a zombie game, I'd say they're pretty original and entertaining), rescuing survivors and some other side things (Exercising at the gym, for example, for extra XP!). Unlike, let's say, Dynasty Warriors, killing hordes isn't necessarily the best incentive to play these games. In my experience, chopping down zombies is as fun as showing up in important story cutscenes dressed as Mega Man:

I've always been really close to pulling the trigger on Steam during random sales.  Is this a series where you'd suggest going in order?

pokoko said:

I've always been really close to pulling the trigger on Steam during random sales.  Is this a series where you'd suggest going in order?

I might be biased, as I really love this franchise, and found the first two games one of the most enjoyable games of the seventh gen altogether. That being said, I don't think it's a purchase you'll regret. Already convinced some people of this site to get them and they did like it.

As for your question, no, not really. There are references and some plot details shared between all games, but they pretty much work as independent stories (as you control different characters in each game). A lot of years (in-game) pass between each installment, as well. I don't think there's anything crucial that might get spoiled in future entries over past games, either, aside from some obvious things you could probably work out without much effort.

Try messing up with hats. They're the most hilarious things on cutscenes:

This is rumoured to be Xbox One exclusive right? Why do Capcom whore out their IP's? They just damages them for the long term.

Vasto said:

Awesome. Love all the zombies on screen. People made fun of DR3's visuals when it launched, but it was damn impressive turning a corner and seeing hundreds of zombies on the screen.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Vasto said:

Awesome. Love all the zombies on screen. People made fun of DR3's visuals when it launched, but it was damn impressive turning a corner and seeing hundreds of zombies on the screen.

Which could be done on PS3/360.

Not with the extremely large open world and amount of action on screen that Dead Rising 3 had :)

You dumb down certain elements of any next gen game and they could be done on last gen hardware.

SWORDF1SH said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Which could be done on PS3/360.

Moot point, because everything from this gen could be done in the previous, with some small compromises.