By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Nintendo treehouse is not that bad

you're right. 15 32.61%

no, i want more puppets. 31 67.39%

Total:46

Last year we had a shitty digital event with star fox, puppets yoshi and what else? this atrocity:

zelda and pokemon the whole day is way better.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Better than last year? Maybe, maybe not. But certainly not as good as it could have been if NX had been there...

yeah, better than terrible doesnt mean great, but zelda alone is way better than their whole e3 2015. 

I hope they just do this from now on.

spemanig said:
I hope they just do this from now on.

Really? I hope they go 2014 Digital Event route. Digital Presentation (Ala Direct) and all day gameplay streams afterwards.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

onionberry said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Better than last year? Maybe, maybe not. But certainly not as good as it could have been if NX had been there...

yeah, better than terrible doesnt mean great, but zelda alone is way better than their whole e3 2015. 

If it was anything other than zelda, i'd say it's not a great idea to put all your chickens in one basket.

That being said, I've always felt that E3 should have some surprises, something to hype us up outside of the regularly schedule stuff (and hopefully not OVER hype us like Watch Dogs). When you tell people this is all we're gonna have, the new info is great but the magic is kinda gone.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Considering that there are now more games, I agree. Zelda alone would have not been exciting. Now at least there are a couple of more titles.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Slarvax said:

Really? I hope they go 2014 Digital Event route. Digital Presentation (Ala Direct) and all day gameplay streams afterwards.

Well I do want them to go the Digital Event route. But it doesn't need to be at E3. Give it its own platform, like Apple does with its September keynotes and like Nintendo used to do with Spaceworld. That's what I think they're doing with the NX, and that's what I hope they're going to do indefinitely.

I agree. Last year's E3 was bad from so many angles that it's not going to take much to improve upon it. At least this year there's no hype so we won't have our expectations dashed away. Zelda gameplay alone will make it better than the whole of 2015's E3 to me.

Well they are only showing games so there is not much they can screw up

No, the fact that there's only a Treehouse is not bad. Actually, I like the Treehouse more than any conference. It's the best way of showing proper games without fooling anyone. The problem is when there's not too much to show.