By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Nintendo treehouse is not that bad

you're right. 15 32.61%

no, i want more puppets. 31 67.39%

Total:46

One might argue that only showing games that have already been announced makes it objectively worse than a normal quarterly Nintendo Direct, which always has at least a few surprises. Seeing new footage for old games is fun when it's Zelda and Pokemon, but from my perspective E3 is all about the reveals. Otherwise it doesn't even need to take place during E3.

Around the Network

I actually really like the Treehouse format: people sitting down and playing video games. I prefer it over some freaking suits up on stage droning on and game trailers have lost my trust some time ago.

There will be maybe 2 surprises, Mario Party 11 and Mother 3, that I can think of. Alongside Zelda NX...I mean Zelda U, Color Rash, (Probably Federation Force), Dragon Quest VII (Don't know what happened to DQVIII), SMT#FE, Mario and Sonic Wii U, Pokemon Go, Pokemon Sun/Moon, (Maybe Yokai Watch 2), and that's pretty much all I got. They definitely have stuff to show during the treehouse, but will they is the question.

It's not THAT bad..

but I want new game announcements D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

spemanig said:
Slarvax said:

Really? I hope they go 2014 Digital Event route. Digital Presentation (Ala Direct) and all day gameplay streams afterwards.

Well I do want them to go the Digital Event route. But it doesn't need to be at E3. Give it its own platform, like Apple does with its September keynotes and like Nintendo used to do with Spaceworld. That's what I think they're doing with the NX, and that's what I hope they're going to do indefinitely.

God I hope not.Not only it would be bad for us, as fans, as E3 is such a party to put in simpler terms, making it in a much worse show, but Nintendo would lose a time to spotlight their games.Dont fool yourself:A direct would surely atract attention, but not nearly as much as E3 and not in the same (hype) level, at the very least in the foreseeable future.

Unless you want to go in a media blackout, then having less news would certainly help

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Modern E3 is a joke, all around, anyway. And Nintendo dropping out, not having a conference anymore, was never really a "good" move. It would be one thing if they just had a digital "conference". But it seemed more that they were dropped out of doing so just to cost them less money and effort.

Nautilus said:

GodI hope not.Not only it would be bad for us, as fans, as E3 is such a party to put in simpler terms, making it in a much worse show, but Nintendo would lose a time to spotlight their games.Dont fool yourself:A direct would surely atract attention, but not nearly as much as E3 and not in the same (hype) level, at the very least in the foreseeable future.

Unless you want to go in a media blackout, then having less news would certainly help

It would be better for fans, not worse. It would literally be the exact same thing, but at a different date. Square did it for Final Fantasy XV this past March, and it was phenomenally received. Sony is setting themselves up to do the same with PSX. Nintendo doesn't need E3 to host reveals. They already have a platform to do that which is independent from E3, and they know it.

It has nothing to do with media blackouts. It's the same amount of news, but at a different date. Nintendo should just treat E3 like every other expo, just like what they're doing this year. Just stream Treehouse for 3 days and scram.

It's not good either. It's just a bad year for Ninten. I figure it'll be much better next year once the NX is out and rolling. If it sticks with the March release, it could be a great time to reveal even more games coming to the system. Good way to keep the momentum going.

But for now, we gotta deal with this lackluster year.

Also, I had to say no in the poll. Those puppets were dang good.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Slarvax said:
spemanig said:
I hope they just do this from now on.

Really? I hope they go 2014 Digital Event route. Digital Presentation (Ala Direct) and all day gameplay streams afterwards.

Yeah, 2014 E3 was possibly my favorite from nintendo ever.

spemanig said:
Nautilus said:

GodI hope not.Not only it would be bad for us, as fans, as E3 is such a party to put in simpler terms, making it in a much worse show, but Nintendo would lose a time to spotlight their games.Dont fool yourself:A direct would surely atract attention, but not nearly as much as E3 and not in the same (hype) level, at the very least in the foreseeable future.

It would be better for fans, not worse. It would literally be the exact same thing, but at a different date. Square did it for Final Fantasy XV this past March, and it was phenomenally received. Sony is setting themselves up to do the same with PSX. Nintendo doesn't need E3 to host reveals. They already have a platform to do that which is independent from E3, and they know it.

It has nothing to do with media blackouts. It's the same amount of news, but at a different date. Nintendo should just treat E3 like every other expo, just like what they're doing this year. Just stream Treehouse for 3 days and scram.

No its nothing like FF XV.Simply because FF XV has already been revealed before.The surprise was "gone".Sure, we knew still not much about the game, and the event in march was great for it,  but as for revealing a brand new game?No its not, simple as that.Treehouse is great to learn more about the games, to see its gameplay and whatnot, but for trailers, reveals, building hype for game and system, its a bad way to do it, especially on E3, where most people watch the conference and they are done with it.They wont go on to watch the entire treehouse live, or even wait to even go on to watch especific sessions.And if you catch the news after, through a news site or forums, you can be excited about it, but nowhere near as seeing it live, or seeing it first hand.

And Nintendo should NOT treat E3 as a normal expo, simply because they are not in a position to do so.There is an interesting video from Arlo that he made and basically sums my points quite nicely.Do Nintendo need E3?Well no, in the same way that Sony or Microsoft NEEDS E3, but you are simply mad if you skip it, especially at Nintendos current position.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1