By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software numbers up!

I wonder how many xbox one skus are there on the npd report. Mostly probably aren´t relevant, but must be an extensive list.

Around the Network

No sales discussion at E3 from Sony (or really any discussion whatsoever) was disappointing. Thought people said Sony would use E3 to discuss sales updates? What happened?

Mazzy said:
No sales discussion at E3 from Sony (or really any discussion whatsoever) was disappointing. Thought people said Sony would use E3 to discuss sales updates? What happened?

IDK they talked about the subject the matters most at E3, games. It's crazy. 

FIT_Gamer said:
Mazzy said:

IDK they talked about the subject the matters most at E3, games. It's crazy. 

Actually no, not really. they only talked with the Orlando shooting and to troll us with a Crash remaster. The rest was just bombarding us with gameplay and trailers. I would have prefered a trailer with a mixture of cinematic and gameplay then have the dev actually discuss his work. I don't like watching someone sit there and play through the game for 10 minutes straight. I don't care how fun a game is, straight gameplay is a snooze, which is the same reason I don't watch Twitch streamers...  

Decent conference, just an odd layout, too much homogeneity in the games they showed (cinematic TLoU clones), dull VR games, and way, way too hyped up by insiders. Nothing was shown that wasn't explicitly leaked by multiple people beforehand. I understand they have PGW, Gamescom, PSX, and TGS and need announcements for those, but they seriously can't even do an indie sizzle reel, a sales talk, can't even show the Gravity Rush 2 or Nier Automata trailers (that they uploaded to their channel right after the show, wtf?), no Red Dead even after it was leaked multiple times? Spiderman was the highlight of the show for me tbh.

A big, heartfelt thank you to everyone who mentioned me or noticed me or gave thanks to me both here, on NeoGAF, and other places.

With my exceptionally busy schedule, managing the companies that I run, and my semi-retirement from forums after how NeoGAF treated me it's incredibly difficult to find time to sort through the mountains of App Annie / NPD / GfK / etc. data that we receive at JPMorgan Chase, participate in discussions, and abide by the guidelines NPD has given me for data dissemination.

I do it because it's appreciated...it's all up to you guys and your enthusiasm. If people stop caring in the future then I'll stop caring too. My other passions (like writing and directing) far outweigh sales analysis and it always makes me sad coming back.

Remember to also thank The NPD Group for graciously allowing me to share data publicly on a tentative basis. If they weren't on-board then I wouldn't be here.

Reading through the NeoGAF thread I found it amusing how so many users want me back on NeoGAF. It's fundamentally absurd to have a moderation team which acts directly antithetical to the wishes and desires of its users. I have never done anything on any online Internet community that would justify shunning. All I've done and tried to do since 2012 is help people even when it put myself at risk. That does not, nor should it ever, warrant this sort of ostracization I've endured which abuses and harms those who devoted so much of their time and energy to helping the NeoGAF community.

Around the Network
Mazzy said:

You know e3 is more than just the time the companies spend on stage?

So all three XB1S sku's launch in August. Just on different days.

Aquamarine said:

A big, heartfelt thank you to everyone who mentioned me or noticed me or gave thanks to me both here, on NeoGAF, and other places.

With my exceptionally busy schedule, managing the companies that I run, and my semi-retirement from forums after how NeoGAF treated me it's incredibly difficult to find time to sort through the mountains of App Annie / NPD / GfK / etc. data that we receive at JPMorgan Chase, participate in discussions, and abide by the guidelines NPD has given me for data dissemination.

I do it because it's appreciated...it's all up to you guys and your enthusiasm. If people stop caring in the future then I'll stop caring too. My other passions (like writing and directing) far outweigh sales analysis and it always makes me sad coming back.

Remember to also thank The NPD Group for graciously allowing me to share data publicly on a tentative basis. If they weren't on-board then I wouldn't be here.

Reading through the NeoGAF thread I found it amusing how so many users want me back on NeoGAF. It's fundamentally absurd to have a moderation team which acts directly antithetical to the wishes and desires of its users. I have never done anything on any online Internet community that would justify shunning. All I've done and tried to do since 2012 is help people even when it put myself at risk. That does not, nor should it ever, warrant this sort of ostracization I've endured which abuses and harms those who devoted so much of their time and energy to helping the NeoGAF community.

Thanks Aqua, I know it's a lot of work, but I hope you to continue to share with us and participate in the discussions. The numbers you and NPD share help immensely, and you yourself offer a wealth of information in your musings and analyses just from the unique insight that you have regarding the industry. These threads (both here and on GAF) really wouldn't be very conducive to discussion without any of this data. The mod team at NeoGAF is pretty fucking shady and petty, but the community there and here still appreciates you the same (although some on GAF only know one side of the story, and don't know the circumstances regarding your ban as you've explained here).  

Also, I really appreciate the total software splits you posted this month, I hope you continue to post these in the future months! 

betacon said:
Mazzy said:

You know e3 is more than just the time the companies spend on stage?

If they were going to announce a sales milestone, they would have done it at their conference. E3 has come and gone and Sony shared no sales data. 

They tried a new format this year, and I personally wasn't a fan of it. 

Mazzy said:

If they were going to announce a sales milestone, they would have done it at their conference. E3 has come and gone and Sony shared no sales data. 

They tried a new format this year, and I personally wasn't a fan of it. 

I'm sure Sony is writing you an apology e-mail as we speak.