By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Clinton has clinched nomination-Also, Clinton or Trump?

She hasn't clinched. I don't know why people keep saying that. The Super Delagates can change their mind. She needs to survive until the vote without being indicted or arrested. 

Around the Network

who do the people who think Hillary will be terrible think she will be much worse than her husband, who was very successfull? it could even be a presidency in the shadows of Bill Clinton through his wife.

Clinton definitely, Trump's got some spirit but he is so extreme in expressing his medieval opinions that looks stupid in a way, at least from a marketing perspective, we know who he really is and hopefully people won't risk voting him cause there's a chance he's serious

I don't think anyone from the current nominees compare to Obama

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Jon-Erich said:
Has anyone even considered the possibility of supporting Gary Johnson? Him and Bill Weld won the Libertarian nomination recently. Both men are former governors of New Mexico and Massachusetts respectively and were very popular governors in those states. Both are running on a fiscally conservative/socially liberal platform. Some of their positions involve cutting national defense spending, shrinking the overall size of government, getting out of the Middle East, ending the drug war, and nationally legalizing marijuana. They will be the only third party on the ballot in all 50 states. You can't go wrong supporting these two. If you're a lifelong republican who can't stand Trump, you'll probably agree with at least half of their positions. Likewise, if you're a lifelong Democrat who can't stand Hillary, you'll also agree with at least 50% of what Gary Johnson and Bill Weld believe in.

Of course, you could always support Hillary And Trump. It doesn't matter which one you vote for. You'll be getting the same candidate either way. Both of them are pro-war neocons who are currently receiving foreign policy advice from the same people who have given advice to Obama, W, and Bill Clinton. They both support increased defense spending, the military industrial complex and the prison industrial complex. Both are big fans of crony capitalism. They both plan on paying America's bills by printing more money and devaluing the dollar even more. They both want to censor the internet and both believe that Edward Snowden should be locked up in prison for the rest of his life. One of them is a political criminal while the other one is a corporate criminal.

So even though people always say that you're wasting your vote by voting third party, I think it's actually the other way around. You're wasting your vote by voting for Hillary or Trump because you're voting for the same exact thing we've been getting for nearly two decades.

It's the first time I've ever seen someone mention the fact that we'll essentially get the same thing.

However, the thing about Gary Johnson and Bill Weld surprises me. It's a shame third party candidates never gain any attention to attract more people.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I hope Trump wins just cause I want to see what happens.

Around the Network

Equally incompetent. I highly doubt we'll be seeing any major change for the better...

Neither. They're both really bad for different reasons. I'm probably just going to throw my vote away to Gary Johnson.

Ummm... Yeah.. People seem to be counting their chickens before they hatch.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/06/the-ap-announcing-clintons-victory-was-an-embarras.html

Here's a small bit copied from the article.

"For those readers blessed with political savvy, something about the timing of this story might strike you as strange. How, you might ask yourself, could Hillary Clinton win on Monday night? There was no primary or caucus on Monday night, and as such there were no delegates available on Monday night. So what happened? Did Alabama cheat and hold a secret second primary?"

Nathan Drake for President

shikamaru317 said:
This election is going to be awful. What a horrible choice.

I forsee extremely low turnout this November.