By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You'd think AMD would say over 60m consoles if the XB1 was at 20m+. We know that the PS4 is at 40m and we know that the XB1 has easily sold more than 10m:

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Do they know how many consoles have been sold to consumers?

KiigelHeart said:

Only the PS4 which is at 40m sold through.

The PS5 Exists. 

More like under 10 million

GribbleGrunger said:
KiigelHeart said:

Only the PS4 which is at 40m sold through.

I meant AMD, why would they know how many Xboxes are sold.

Around the Network

Anywhere from 19 to 21 sounds reasonable. Without any solid numbers anywhere, it's really hard to say how well the console is doing, aside from saying it's obviously getting drubbed by the ps4 in most countries. AMD might just have been rounding to 50+ because the people attending their conference don't much care about the difference between 50 and 60 (as opposed to say, the difference between 50 and 100). 

EDIT: AMD wouldn't necessarily know how many Xboxes have been sold, but they definitely know how many have been built, since MS uses their parts to manufacture the console. 

We've gotten different numbers from different sources, I really wouldn't put much weight to this. "Over 50 million" could easily mean 60 million. They just don't care all that much to be completely precise because it doesn't matter.

Over 50 million can mean lots of things. Its pretty much confirmed at this point that the XB1 is over 20 million (with all the sources saying it).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Orosoy said:
More like under 10 million

No, not really. We can't be 100% sure MS has sold over 20 million consoles, but we do know they aren't doing that bad.

KiigelHeart said:

I meant AMD, why would they know how many Xboxes are sold.

I'm sure they know how many chips sets they've produced and sold. We know the PS4 has sold over 40m which leaves the rest for the XB1. If it was 20m then surely they'd say 'over 60m'. No?

The PS5 Exists.