By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Society lets you go from an asshole to "truther" with one word

theprof00 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sorry men, a lot of people do things under pression and it's their option.

Now... about being forced to do sex while engaged/married... guess what, you are together for everything, so if you don't want to have sex with that person anymore and don't want to be forced, ask to get out of the relationship. If you think it's their right not to be forced to have sex with their partner, is also their partner right to have sex with the partner... so either one stop pretending and calls quits or stops complaining about being forced... no where in between is good.

Look, I'm strong too. I kind of agree, because I come from the same viewpoint. But what you're missing is that people are different from you. For some people, decisions aren't an option. Don't be so arrogant just because you can do something, that others should be able to as well.

Unless you are talking about people liveing in places where the law prohibit them from having the option (well it would still be an option, but I wouldn't hold against the person if not able to take the option) then it's an option. Lacking any will power to stand by what you believe and want and them screaming "rape" isn't even close to right.

pearljammer said:
DonFerrari said:

Now... about being forced to do sex while engaged/married... guess what, you are together for everything, so if you don't want to have sex with that person anymore and don't want to be forced, ask to get out of the relationship. If you think it's their right not to be forced to have sex with their partner, is also their partner right to have sex with the partner... so either one stop pretending and calls quits or stops complaining about being forced... no where in between is good.

It is!? A right to another's person. That's some archaic, scary thinking should I be interpreting you correctly.

Yep, you may say it's archaic... but if you don't want to have a sexual relationship with someone you can just quit the relationship, not demand that the other keep the relationship with you without any right to sex, you are the one that is thinking that the right of one is bigger than the other. I'm just saying that you either are together to have both happy and satisfied or you should be separated, not one pushing his will over the other because he want to be together but only if by the way to be.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
DonFerrari said:

Sorry men, a lot of people do things under pression and it's their option.

After reading your post i can only think about this character i am sure you know him cause you from brasil

Prepare-se porque hoje eu vou lhe usar.

But perhaps you are doing exactly like the guy before and reading what isn't written instead of what is.

ExplodingBlock said:
I'm proud to be a white straight cis conservative male!

Can I hear an Amen??? =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
theprof00 said:

Look, I'm strong too. I kind of agree, because I come from the same viewpoint. But what you're missing is that people are different from you. For some people, decisions aren't an option. Don't be so arrogant just because you can do something, that others should be able to as well.

Unless you are talking about people liveing in places where the law prohibit them from having the option (well it would still be an option, but I wouldn't hold against the person if not able to take the option) then it's an option. Lacking any will power to stand by what you believe and want and them screaming "rape" isn't even close to right.

Nobody is "screaming rape". Like I said, you're looking at it from your own viewpoint, like people can do whatever they want and if they aren't strong, then they fall back on a crutch. It's seriously arrogant bro. I don't blame people for the decisions they make. I don't blame people for the strength of their character. Everyone has their place, and yes there ARE too many thin skinned people out there. But that does not make the issue black and white.

Honestly I don't know you personally, so I can't really think of a metaphor. But maybe it would be similar to something like having to fight someone when you didn't want to. Have you ever been in a situation where you were being punked in front of a lot of people and knew you had to do something? Did you run or did you fight? Is either situation right? no. But you can tell that the person is pressuring you into fighting, right?

Like I said, I don't know you, but this situation is no different from many others. I could name a dozen different things where you might be pressured on something and emotion plays a factor as well. Just because something is an option, it doesn't mean everyone has the strength to make the right decision. And like I said, nobody is "screaming rape". As I mentioned earlier, a very good number don't ever say anything for various reasons. Most rape isn't reported. For example, I know 4 girls who have been forcibly or coercively had to have sex. None reported it.

This is how I see your view, Don.

I am a guy. I am with a girl. If she doesn't want to have sex on a certain day, she doesn't have to. We are both independent, she has her own place and I have mine, and we both have our own friends. A relationship is just two people spending time together with some feelings involved and sex.

If a girl doesn't want sex, then she shouldn't be in a relationship with that person. And should call it off so that she can find someone she does want to have sex with or be with. If I didn't want to have sex with some girl anymore, I would just leave. It only makes sense that if you're not into someone, you leave.

Would you say this is more or less how you think about this?

DonFerrari said:

pearljammer said:

It is!? A right to another's person. That's some archaic, scary thinking should I be interpreting you correctly.

Yep, you may say it's archaic... but if you don't want to have a sexual relationship with someone you can just quit the relationship, not demand that the other keep the relationship with you without any right to sex, you are the one that is thinking that the right of one is bigger than the other. I'm just saying that you either are together to have both happy and satisfied or you should be separated, not one pushing his will over the other because he want to be together but only if by the way to be.

<snip>

But perhaps you are doing exactly like the guy before and reading what isn't written instead of what is.

Okay, I'm quite sure I'd gleaned what you'd meant the first time. No one has the right to have sex with someone. I'm not thinking that one right is greater than the other, I'm saying that one is simply not a right at all. It's both oddly specific and bordering ownership.

Since when have rights reached into other peoples' personhood (I suppose one could bring up abortion here, but I think there's an obvious disconnect).

" I'm just saying that you either are together to have both happy and satisfied or you should be separated" - People are regularly far more complicated than this. Relations aren't binary. If my wife doesn't wish to have sex tonight, I absolutely have no right to her body regardless of our relationship status. 

theprof00 said:

I am a guy. I am with a girl. If she doesn't want to have sex on a certain day, she doesn't have to. We are both independent, she has her own place and I have mine, and we both have our own friends. A relationship is just two people spending time together with some feelings involved and sex.

If a girl doesn't want sex, then she shouldn't be in a relationship with that person. And should call it off so that she can find someone she does want to have sex with or be with. If I didn't want to have sex with some girl anymore, I would just leave. It only makes sense that if you're not into someone, you leave.

I thought that was perhaps what he'd meant. He doubled done on the whole 'right' thing though.

pearljammer said:

DonFerrari said:

Okay, I'm quite sure I'd gleaned what you'd meant the first time. No one has the right to have sex with someone. I'm not thinking that one right is greater than the other, I'm saying that one is simply not a right at all. It's both oddly specific and bordering ownership.

Since when have rights reached into other peoples' personhood (I suppose one could bring up abortion here, but I think there's an obvious disconnect).

" I'm just saying that you either are together to have both happy and satisfied or you should be separated" - People are regularly far more complicated than this. Relations aren't binary. If my wife doesn't wish to have sex tonight, I absolutely have no right to her body regardless of our relationship status. 

theprof00 said:

I thought that was perhaps what he'd meant. He doubled done on the whole 'right' thing though.

This is why I'm guessing his thinking is very ethnocentric. He has a sound mind, good logic, and understands what a healthy relationship is (for the most part). However, like you and I both agree, relationships and people in general, are way more complicated. I am a natural empathizer, so I'm good at seeing things from other people's viewpoints and emotion. But not in the part that I am a 'sympathizer'. I am very good at reading and feeling what other people are feeling. I have found that in life, a majority of people have WAY MORE problems (caps for emphasis) than most other people will ever know. And people sometimes defy all logic.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
pearljammer said:

This is why I'm guessing his thinking is very ethnocentric. He has a sound mind, good logic, and understands what a healthy relationship is (for the most part). However, like you and I both agree, relationships and people in general, are way more complicated. I am a natural empathizer, so I'm good at seeing things from other people's viewpoints and emotion. But not in the part that I am a 'sympathizer'. I am very good at reading and feeling what other people are feeling. I have found that in life, a majority of people have WAY MORE problems (caps for emphasis) than most other people will ever know. And people sometimes defy all logic.

You just went full SJW. You are discussing how someone is ethnocentric, just throwing it out there, without any substantiation. Is this some  kind of game? Guess who is the rascist? We know how SJW's like to decide for everybody who is rascist and who isnt, BY GUESSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are talking about a person as if he is a 7 year old child. Then you come with the non-argument that you almost literally say in every post "everything is incredibly complicated, and only i and people who agree with me know"

Its absolutely embarassing reading your posts. Everything is about you. If i didnt see your profile pic i would say you were a woman. You virtue signal in almost in every post you make. Sometimes you try to hide it by saying, i think his thinking very ethnocentric, implying you dont and are not a rascist, calling him basicly a rascist as a bonus. Other times you just state how good you can sympathaze, and how you "feel other poeple well". How  great you are with women. Its absolutely embarassing how you percieve youself. Looking down at us silly commoners from your throne above clouds. Your condescending tone is infuriating, this is reason why people are moving away from the left, they want to go as far away as possible from people like you. 

wartaal said:
theprof00 said:

You just went full SJW. You are discussing how someone is ethnocentric, just throwing it out there, without any substantiation. Is this some  kind of game? Guess who is the rascist? We know how SJW's like to decide for everybody who is rascist and who isnt, BY GUESSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are talking about a person as if he is a 7 year old child. Then you come with the non-argument that you almost literally say in every post "everything is incredibly complicated, and only i and people who agree with me know"

Its absolutely embarassing reading your posts. Everything is about you. If i didnt see your profile pic i would say you were a woman. You virtue signal in almost in every post you make. Sometimes you try to hide it by saying, i think his thinking very ethnocentric, implying you dont and are not a rascist, calling him basicly a rascist as a bonus. Other times you just state how good you can sympathaze, and how you "feel other poeple well". How  great you are with women. Its absolutely embarassing how you percieve youself. Looking down at us silly commoners from your throne above clouds. Your condescending tone is infuriating, this is reason why people are moving away from the left, they want to go as far away as possible from people like you. 

If you had read what he actually posted instead of overreacting to a piece of vocabulary that apparently triggers a rage response in you (I recommend you work on that), then you'd see that he clearly doesn't mean by "ethnocentric" that the guy thinks different colored people are worthless.  I do wonder myself what exactly theprof means by "ethnocentric", because it seems as if he means the guy has trouble understanding people who think differently, and I'm not sure why that would be described as "ethnicity". 

TL;DR - check yourself before you wreck yourself

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Ok so he means bigot not rascist. Rascist is only 1 step further on the ladder. But it's always nice to ignore 95% of my post and concentrate on the definition of a word.

wartaal said:
theprof00 said:

1. I have no idea wtf you are talking about. Ethnocentric is about evaluating other people outside your group based on your own group's collective ideals. In this case, he is evaluating the strength or willpwoer of another individual based on his own aptitude. Of course I am going to guess that he is not thinking in depth enough because most of the time, the first thing that people use for comparison is themselves, because it is what they know best. I'm not being derogatory in the slightest. Ahhhh I see where this confusion came from. A much closer word would've been ego-centrism. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Apologies for that.

2. My only source is myself and my own experience in life and with the people around me. Therefore, in my discussion, I am going to refer to myself a lot. That's just how it is. . You should know that's what I'll resort to, since I posted a NATIONALLY RESPECTED GOVERNMENT SURVEY and you just wrote it off with some sarcasm about in which way one particular statistic was calculated....which in no way even addressed the 25-33% figure, but a lesser figure that wasn't even on the debate floor to begin with.

3. I do read people very well. It's a fact. Ask Final Fan, he knows for sure.

4. I'm not an easily embarassed person, especially not when I'm one of the biggest contributors on a site dedicated to video game sales lol

5. People moving away from the left?? Dude, srsly, I don't know what's up with you. I'm voting trump. I HATE SJW bullshit. I think censoring and hurt feelings and all this nonsense about being PC has gone wayyyy too far. It's comical how far things have gotten. However, I do know a thing or two about human behavior, which is why I made my comments above. I'm not saying that women have to be protected, or that laws have to be made or anything of the sort. I KNOW it's a gray area that is far to complicated to govern, and something that IMO shouldn't be governed.

In closing, I don't think you're necessarily attacking me. I think you're attacking the whole idea of SJW and this kind of "neo-feminist" culture through me, because you have this crazy idea that I belong to said group and perscribe to that set of cultural ideas. But dude, like, go look somewhere else because I'm not your enemy here, I'm just someone trying to give an explanation of why say a guy got raped might be humorous, and why a girl getting raped is not.

theprof00 said:
wartaal said:

1. I have no idea wtf you are talking about. Ethnocentric is about evaluating other people outside your group based on your own group's collective ideals. In this case, he is evaluating the strength or willpwoer of another individual based on his own aptitude. Of course I am going to guess that he is not thinking in depth enough because most of the time, the first thing that people use for comparison is themselves, because it is what they know best. I'm not being derogatory in the slightest. Ahhhh I see where this confusion came from. A much closer word would've been ego-centrism. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Apologies for that.

2. My only source is myself and my own experience in life and with the people around me. Therefore, in my discussion, I am going to refer to myself a lot. That's just how it is. . You should know that's what I'll resort to, since I posted a NATIONALLY RESPECTED GOVERNMENT SURVEY and you just wrote it off with some sarcasm about in which way one particular statistic was calculated....which in no way even addressed the 25-33% figure, but a lesser figure that wasn't even on the debate floor to begin with.

3. I do read people very well. It's a fact. Ask Final Fan, he knows for sure.

4. I'm not an easily embarassed person, especially not when I'm one of the biggest contributors on a site dedicated to video game sales lol

5. People moving away from the left?? Dude, srsly, I don't know what's up with you. I'm voting trump. I HATE SJW bullshit. I think censoring and hurt feelings and all this nonsense about being PC has gone wayyyy too far. It's comical how far things have gotten. However, I do know a thing or two about human behavior, which is why I made my comments above. I'm not saying that women have to be protected, or that laws have to be made or anything of the sort. I KNOW it's a gray area that is far to complicated to govern, and something that IMO shouldn't be governed.

In closing, I don't think you're necessarily attacking me. I think you're attacking the whole idea of SJW and this kind of "neo-feminist" culture through me, because you have this crazy idea that I belong to said group and perscribe to that set of cultural ideas. But dude, like, go look somewhere else because I'm not your enemy here, I'm just someone trying to give an explanation of why say a guy got raped might be humorous, and why a girl getting raped is not.

1- Oh wow you are actually claiming someone else is ego-centric. Wow mate

2- You havent adressed anything posted in the link, CDC claims 1,3 million rapes a year and 12,7 million sexual assaults. ACTUAL NATIONAL  statictics from the department of justice says 188,380 rape AND sexual assaults a year. JUst because Obama and alot of people repeat that nonsense  doesn't  make said nonsense true. It means your survey has MADE UP OVER 13 million rapes and sexual assaults by including things like lying about your income for sex, as sexual assault. Simply repeating this nonsense is detrimental to society. 

You must have not watched that video i linked, because no one who watched that video will still be using that report. 

3- Oh  God here comes the narcissism. Saying how good you claim to read people doesnt  prove anything, it adds nothing to anything. It just looks rly weird. Its like saying im right because i am smart, just go ask my mother. Seriously fuck

4- Oh shit more narcissism.

5- Sry but i cant see any situation where a rape on any man is considered humorous.

You are boasting about your own skills and using them as arguments, its fucking hillarious.