By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Society lets you go from an asshole to "truther" with one word

Soundwave said:
Shadow1980 said:
It seems that the people who rail against "SJWs" and "Tumblrinas" and "[insert right-wing internet neologism of choice]" are just as perpetually offended and easily "triggered" as those they're complaining about, if not more so. What people on both sides of the political aisle fail to realize is that many of the things they accuse the other side of, their side is just as guilty. There's plenty of double standard BS to go around for both conservatives and liberals.

Exactly, all these extremists can go to an island and fuck each other up the ass for the right to be "correct". 

Leave the rest of us moderates to run an actual functional society, the people who are far left or far right are generally people who angry at other people for their lot in life. 

Well... the moderates are the far marjority and the ones that rule society... extermists are just loud mouths with little real power. But they can harm individuals a lot.

@Thread.... I love when SJWs shows their true colors.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Liberal people preach tolerance but they aren't tolerant towards other opinions.

People complaining about racism are the people that keep it alive. Example: A black guy get's in a washing machine and comes out as asian. Everyone is pissed. A white guy gets in a washing machine and comes out as a black guy. Nobody bats an eye. (Both are real)
It's people like this that call racism on all these things that keep racism alive. Who the hell cares what color those people are. See the joke, get on with your life. Deal with it.
It certainly isn't helping by pressing your opinions through others people throats. It even has the opposite effect. Look at Trump, most people vote for him because he is against PC bullshit. They even think if Hillary gets the oval office Political Correctness will get even worse. I can't blame them for that.

If anyone has read '1984' of George Orwell here. PC ---> Newspeak.

Aielyn said:
pokoko said:
I never said it was about the gender.  What are you talking about?  And subjugation is automatically worse than being stabbed?  That's interesting.

Oh, yes, that's probably it, I wasn't being complicated enough, I should have put i a full page of qualifiers.  Goddamn, people.  Talk about sophistry and avoiding a point just to be contrary.  It's not even worth trying to have a conversation.  If you say a cat has soft fur someone will say, "but what if the cat was playing in tar in and got all crusty?  That has to be considered."  Fuck, you're right, he deserved to be stabbed.  We'll just assume that.  Conversation over.

Wow, you really excel at ignoring the actual points people make, forming strawmen, arguing against those, and then being a dick about it all. And ironically, you complain about other people "avoiding a point".

Subjugation is something that people do consciously in order to dominate others, whereas violence is generally an impulsive action in which the person is out of control emotionally.

And while you never said it was about gender, the fact that you put "he" on the stabbing and "she" on the rape demonstrates that it's what you were thinking. Otherwise, you would have used "he" for both or "she" for both. And given that your overall point is that you believe that the identity of the person changes whether something is acceptable or unacceptable, I find it hard to believe that your point with that example was that people consider stabbing to be something you can blame the victim for.

The part where you go "Fuck, you're right, he deserved to be stabbed." demonstrates that either you are intentionally ignoring the point, or lack basic comprehension. The point being made is that being stabbed doesn't necessarily mean you're the victim, whereas being raped always makes you the victim. Note that if you said "you were raped there, you should stop going there" isn't victim blaming. It's only the accusation that they were at fault for the rape because they were there that is completely unacceptable. And ultimately, as I said, it would generally be considered unacceptable in the case of stabbing, too - it's just not seen as being quite as bad as making the statement in the case of rape.

Because the world isn't about black and white absolutes, it's not "this is acceptable, that is unacceptable", it's "this is worse than that, but both are wrong".

But clearly, you aren't capable of understanding nuance.

I wasn't going to reply to this thread any longer but now I feel kind of obligated because much of your replay was awful.  You're making stuff up left and right out of nothing.  I don't know why but it's really, really lame.  The entire point of what I posted was not about my opinion on each event but rather about the automatic judgement society makes about what perception you are allowed to have and how people have come to "fall into line" to the point they make up rationalizations to support that.  You're the epitome of that.  Look at what you're applying to a made-up situation you know nothing about, where you're trying to down-play violence.  

"And given that your overall point is that you believe that the identity of the person changes whether something is acceptable or unacceptable."  That's bullshit.  I never said anything like that in the slightest.  You have no clue what you're talking about.  

I mean, you're telling me that if you hear someone say, "he was at that seedy bar downtown and got stabbed. He really needs to stop hanging out with those people," your impression is, "well, they might have deserved it?"  Do I really need to add in that the person stabbed didn't deserve it to make a simple example?  Can you really not see that the two examples are supposed to mirror one another?  Do you really have to add your own suppositions on top of that?  Can't you simply not take the example at face value?  Is all your sophistry really necessary?

pokoko said:
Aielyn said:

Wow, you really excel at ignoring the actual points people make, forming strawmen, arguing against those, and then being a dick about it all. And ironically, you complain about other people "avoiding a point".

Subjugation is something that people do consciously in order to dominate others, whereas violence is generally an impulsive action in which the person is out of control emotionally.

And while you never said it was about gender, the fact that you put "he" on the stabbing and "she" on the rape demonstrates that it's what you were thinking. Otherwise, you would have used "he" for both or "she" for both. And given that your overall point is that you believe that the identity of the person changes whether something is acceptable or unacceptable, I find it hard to believe that your point with that example was that people consider stabbing to be something you can blame the victim for.

The part where you go "Fuck, you're right, he deserved to be stabbed." demonstrates that either you are intentionally ignoring the point, or lack basic comprehension. The point being made is that being stabbed doesn't necessarily mean you're the victim, whereas being raped always makes you the victim. Note that if you said "you were raped there, you should stop going there" isn't victim blaming. It's only the accusation that they were at fault for the rape because they were there that is completely unacceptable. And ultimately, as I said, it would generally be considered unacceptable in the case of stabbing, too - it's just not seen as being quite as bad as making the statement in the case of rape.

Because the world isn't about black and white absolutes, it's not "this is acceptable, that is unacceptable", it's "this is worse than that, but both are wrong".

But clearly, you aren't capable of understanding nuance.

I wasn't going to reply to this thread any longer but now I feel kind of obligated because much of your replay was awful.  You're making stuff up left and right out of nothing.  I don't know why but it's really, really lame.  The entire point of what I posted was not about my opinion on each event but rather about the automatic judgement society makes about what perception you are allowed to have and how people have come to "fall into line" to the point they make up rationalizations to support that.  You're the epitome of that.  Look at what you're applying to a made-up situation you know nothing about, where you're trying to down-play violence.  

"And given that your overall point is that you believe that the identity of the person changes whether something is acceptable or unacceptable."  That's bullshit.  I never said anything like that in the slightest.  You have no clue what you're talking about.  

I mean, you're telling me that if you hear someone say, "he was at that seedy bar downtown and got stabbed. He really needs to stop hanging out with those people," your impression is, "well, they might have deserved it?"  Do I really need to add in that the person stabbed didn't deserve it to make a simple example?  Can you really not see that the two examples are supposed to mirror one another?  Do you really have to add your own suppositions on top of that?  Can't you simply not take the example at face value?  Is all your sophistry really necessary?

perhaps he adhere to the left wing side that says that all crimes are the fault of the victim and deserve it, unless it's a minority suffering the crime, then for certain the perpretator is guilty... and when both are a minority they just pretend nothing happened.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

perhaps he adhere to the left wing side that says that all crimes are the fault of the victim and deserve it, unless it's a minority suffering the crime, then for certain the perpretator is guilty... and when both are a minority they just pretend nothing happened.

Look at what you just wrote.  Who do you think actually believes that?  Can you identify a regional or national group that adheres to this?  What percentage of people do you think believes this?  What do you mean by "side"? 

SJW is just on the other side of the coin from Men's Rights Activists. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
Liberal people preach tolerance but they aren't tolerant towards other opinions.

People complaining about racism are the people that keep it alive. Example: A black guy get's in a washing machine and comes out as asian. Everyone is pissed. A white guy gets in a washing machine and comes out as a black guy. Nobody bats an eye. (Both are real)
It's people like this that call racism on all these things that keep racism alive. Who the hell cares what color those people are. See the joke, get on with your life. Deal with it.
It certainly isn't helping by pressing your opinions through others people throats. It even has the opposite effect. Look at Trump, most people vote for him because he is against PC bullshit. They even think if Hillary gets the oval office Political Correctness will get even worse. I can't blame them for that.

If anyone has read '1984' of George Orwell here. PC ---> Newspeak.

That book is horrifying. Considering no one understands the main point of the book, it's saddening it isn't well known. Books such as Hunger Games are so cliched and don't truly show the complexity of issues surrounding freedom, government, politics, and more.

The ending was the worst as well. Seeing Winston go from a brave man into a brainwashed zombie made me feel hopeless

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Final-Fan said:
DonFerrari said:

Look at what you just wrote.  Who do you think actually believes that?  Can you identify a regional or national group that adheres to this?  What percentage of people do you think believes this?  What do you mean by "side"? 

SJW is just on the other side of the coin from Men's Rights Activists. 

I read and I stand by it.

In Brazil that is a thing. a lot of SJWs that blame society for all crimes the criminals make, unless the criminal is a white cis man.

hershel_layton said:
theprof00 said:

So, what I get from the thread is when you pick on a minority for something that isn't in there control, it's bad.
And when you pick on a majority, whose physical traits are deemed desirable by society, it's ok.

As in, it's bad to call a fat person ugly, and acceptable to call a skinny person ugly.

So like, people would have a problem if I called rosie odonnell ugly, but if I call Ariana Grande ugly, that's ok.

If someone were to call me ugly, I would laugh, because I would assume they are making a joke using sarcasm.
But if someone were to call my friend ugly, I would assume they were voicing their opinion because my friend doesn't have traits that are considered desirable by the majority of society.

Kinda like if you were to call me a cracker, and call my friend something else. Hmm, I don't think I actually get this thread.

Not picking on people. Said this countless times, I don't care for the jokes(I put bad examples). It's when we reach serious issues do we then see double standards having an effect.

For example, rape. Rape is a serious issue no matter the gender. However, it seems that people only care when a woman is raped. When a man's raped, it is turned into something to laugh about, with many people saying he deserved it.

Also, religious extremism. I never understood why I'm considered Islamophobic when i recommend a reformation for Islam(similar to the one for Christianity). I mean, why Islam in particular? It's not like criticizing it means I suddenly hate all Muslims and want them to die.

Additionally, never said fat people are ugly. I mentioned preferences. Some like tall, short, black, white, skinny, thick, and the list goes on. It'd be disappointing if you'd be considered a fat shamer because that isn't your preference. 

For instance, on the rape subject, I think the problem is that women get raped far more often than men do. It's something like 1 in 4 women. And like, yeah all rape isn't violent rape, but a lot of times it's women who didn't want to do something and a guy forced them. I have a lot of female friends and they've told me what happened to them and yeah, it happens.

A guy getting raped by a girl is a "joke" because predominantly, men are supposed to be powerful, and girls are supposed to be the "sex allowers". That's the society understanding. You have sex if the woman allows you to, and men are constantly chasing women to be "allowed". When the roles are reversed, it comes off as a joke because the common thinking is that you have to chase the girl, and most men understand how difficult the chase is, so it's funny to them when it's not only easy, but forced on them. You'll see the same thing about a guy who has a lot of sex. Guys will joke about it. If a guy is raped by another guy though, that's a different story, and generally not something people find funny except for douchebags.

It's like how people find irony in James A. Garfield's appointment to president, or George Washington's. Neither person wanted to be president but were somehow forced to become exactly that. Garfield was a friend of a president while JG was serving in the army. The president asked him to step down and join congress because he needed people he could trust for voting measures. He was put on the ballot 9 years later by anonymous members and he said "I didn't give any permission for anyone to put my name down". There were already 3 candidates running but the ballot was deadlocked. Somehow he was growing in votes everyday, and 5 months later was elected president.

If this were a situation more closely resembling daily life of citizens, you could see how it would be funny. 

Maybe you don't know, but women are raped and beaten a lot. People don't talk about it. Women don't report it. I know at least 3 girls who have both been raped, punched or kicked, and never pressed charges or reported it to police. Yes, you should be more careful talking about it.

And about religion. Hey, I'm in the same boat. You can either say it or not, but make sure what you're saying makes sense. For instance. I hate Israel. Not the people. I hate the country. It should not exist. It was created after ww2 for the purpose of giving the Jews a home after their persecution by germany. The land belonged to Palestine. It was not the Jews land. It should have never happened. Most of the terrorism problems we see today are because we put Israel on the map. It's completely unfair. IMO, we should dissolve Israel, give it back to Palestine and make amends and pay reparations.

But I'm not about to go on facebook and put that on my wall.

Do you see what I'm saying?

That 1 in 4 stat has been debunked so many times its not even funny any more. And its not even 1/4 but its 1 in 5.
In that report having consentual sex while intoxicated (doesnt matter who) is considered rape. Total BS

Blame all the muslim violence on Isreal? wow, just wow. Israel isnt even 70 years old. Islamic terror is 1400 years old. yeah it doesnt add up. Muslims have been killing Jews since the days of Muhamed(the perfect example of mankind).
Muahamed himself killed hundreds of Jews personally.

wartaal said:
That 1 in 4 stat has been debunked so many times its not even funny any more. And its not even 1/4 but its 1 in 5.
In that report having consentual sex while intoxicated (doesnt matter who) is considered rape. Total BS

Blame all the muslim violence on Isreal? wow, just wow. Israel isnt even 70 years old. Islamic terror is 1400 years old. yeah it doesnt add up. Muslims have been killing Jews since the days of Muhamed(the perfect example of mankind).
Muahamed himself killed hundreds of Jews personally.

Shiiiiii, don't let the truth come out.