By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So i've purchased a 3DS. Any suggestions?

I stated earlier that I would buy a Wii U, but Nintendo has forced me to once again skip another generation of their home consoles and question the validity of another console generation to come. I decided to invest in the 3DS to catch up on some old classics. I picked up New Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time since I never finished that Zelda as a child. Any suggestions on other games? Im into RPG's and platformers where it concerns Nintendo. Since the DS is also the only Nintendo platform that gets adequate third party support, let me know third parties as well.

Around the Network

Fire Emblem Awakening for sure.
If you got the New 3DS, then get Xenoblade Chronicles as well.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Kid icarus. You seriously need to get this.

Animal crossing new leaf
Pokemon main series
Pokemon super mystery dungeon
Professor Layton trilogy
Ace attorney VS professor Layton
Legend of zelda: link between world's
Smash Bros 4
Super Mario 3d land
Theater rhythm final Fantasy
Shovel knight
Binding of Isaac
Starfox 64
Xenoblade 3d
Mario kart 7
Donkey Kong country returns 3d

More games, but thats a good list to start with

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Ultrashroomz said:
Fire Emblem Awakening for sure.
If you got the New 3DS, then get Xenoblade Chronicles as well.

Great choices! I missed out on Xenoblade Chronicles since I chose not to buy the Wii! Thats twice that I win out now on ported classics.  

There are a ton of great JRPGs on the system: the Pokemon games, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Devil Survivor Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey IV, Stell Glow... And you could always get your fix of old games with the DS library, it's BC.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:

Animal crossing new leaf
Pokemon main series
Professor Layton trilogy
Smash Bros 4
Super Mario 3d land
Shovel knight
Binding of Isaac
Starfox 64
Xenoblade 3d
Mario kart 7

Awesome! Sounds great! Kid Icarus? Hell yes! 

Darwinianevolution said:
There are a ton of great JRPGs on the system: the Pokemon games, Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Devil Survivor Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey IV, Stell Glow... And you could always get your fix of old games with the DS library, it's BC.

How many fire emblem games have their been on the 3DS or DS plaforms? If they are good ill start from the old ones then and work my way up. I've missed out on a lot of Nintendo. This has always been a goal of mine. Catching up on worthy platforms, that is.

Since you like RPGs!
- Fire Emblem Awakening! It you like or want to try those grid base battle style. Lots of replays you can do but story is quite shallow. If you don't mind the Animeish of it. It can be very easy to VERY Challenging.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Darwinianevolution said:

How many fire emblem games have their been on the 3DS or DS plaforms? If they are good ill start from the old ones then and work my way up. I've missed out on a lot of Nintendo. This has always been a goal of mine. Catching up on worthy platforms, that is.

Awakening and Fates on the 3DS, Shadow Dragon for the DS (there's another one, but I think is Japan only). I strongly recommend the 3DS ones over the DS ones, I played Shadow Dragon and is not nearly as good as Awakening.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
hershel_layton said:

Animal crossing new leaf
Pokemon main series
Professor Layton trilogy
Smash Bros 4
Super Mario 3d land
Shovel knight
Binding of Isaac
Starfox 64
Xenoblade 3d
Mario kart 7

Awesome! Sounds great! Kid Icarus? Hell yes! 

You've made a great decision getting the 3ds. I wish I skipped the wii u and got the ps4. Either way, the 3ds keeps me satisfied. It's easily the best handheld made. Add in the fact you can play DS games(which you can get for dirt cheap prices), and you have a legendary device

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.