By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When is a phone too big?

I've actually seen people walk around and phone people on their goddamned ipad, so I don't think there's technically a limit to what people will buy.
For me personally, any bigger than about the size of an iphone 5 just get's inconvenient. I've always had tiny phones though. My first phone was about the size of a big lighter.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
When it doesn't fit in your pocket. If you're afraid of the phone getting either broken or falling every time out your pocket, then it's too big.

Pretty much this.

Leadified said:
Anything more than 6 inches on a phone is too big for my liking.

This.

Whenever you feel like it really. I had the Note 3 at 5.7" and I could still easily touch my thumb with my middle finger. I would have gone to 6" but Samsung only makes tiny phones anymore.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Personally, I find a phone too big when I can't use it with a single hand. It sure would be nice to have a bigger screen so I could use some more intricated functionality more easily, but I still prefer the ability to use it with a single hand if I want to. Having to use two hands makes it more cumbersome and less casual to use in a way.

Around the Network

Mine is 5.2 inches. I wouldn't want anything over 5.5, really. 6 and up and you might as well buy a tablet.

As long as it fits in my pocket then it's not too big.

vivster said:
Whenever you feel like it really. I had the Note 3 at 5.7" and I could still easily touch my thumb with my middle finger. I would have gone to 6" but Samsung only makes tiny phones anymore.

The note 5 is the same size you know.

Edge+ is also the same size

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

As long as it fits in my pocket, it's fine in my books.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

John2290 said:
I have a Galaxy A5, I think I hit the golidlocks zone for myself after a go on the A7 and I used to have many phones very similarly sized as the A3. So whatever proportions the A5 hold is perfect for me but many have different sized hands, preferences and uses for the phone. If I were in construction (Was for a while) I know after regret I want a small 10 quid phone for that while if I were in IT (Was for a while, I'd want a Note or at least a flagship Glaxy S series) While I am currently on sick leave, have been for a while now and seemingly will be for a while longer I fall in between those extremes. I want something portable enough so I can whip it out at anytime ready for one handed use (The phone, not my penis) but big enough so I can watch a movie while comfortably enough while visiting the hosptial, I also want it in between because battery life is important in the respect.

You wouldn't go wrong with the LG G5. Not small, but not gigantic. It also has great battery(removable as well)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.