By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you do when you take a short gaming break?

How often do you take a gaming break?

Every 20 min. 7 10.00%

Every hour. 20 28.57%

Once in a great while. 26 37.14%

Only noobs take breaks. 17 24.29%

Total:70
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Cloudman said:

Yeah, usually these days I don't play as long as I used to. Maybe an hr in the morn and another in the night?

Sounds like you need to take more game breaks. You have that noontime fiesta game time to fill.

I shooould, though if I play for too long, I feel guilty of goofing off too long, and end up playing only for a little while.. : S

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Looking at the poll so far it appears most people either only take random minimal breaks or no breaks at all.

Most games have a disclaimer telling us to take a 10 to 15 minute break every hour of playtime. Potential repetitive motion injury and eyestrain could result.

I wonder if paid game testers fall under any OSHA workplace regulations, seeing all the warnings plastered in manuals.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

sleep, eat, work :D

I take 2 types of breaks.
In mp games like cod i might get some soda.
When i get stuck in a sp game ill google how to get passed the area and usally get derailed.

jason1637 said:
I take 2 types of breaks.
In mp games like cod i might get some soda.
When i get stuck in a sp game ill google how to get passed the area and usally get derailed.

Yes. Google and YouTube. Saviors to the befuddled gamer.

There's so much info online for games now it's a wonder they still sell game guide books. When I do buy a game guide, it is the hard cover version for collecting. I have a beautiful two hardcover book set for The Witcher III.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Around the Network

I try and take a break, once an hour, though sometimes it turns into 2. I usually smoke a cig every 1-2 hours, and then a bowl about every 3 hours.

I'm learning c++ lately when i take a break from gaming.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I'm learning c++ lately when i take a break from gaming.

Sounds like gaming is a break from learning C++.

You have it backwards.

Gaming at my office is a break time, while at my home i play only 2 hours then take a break full day.

John2290 said:
Things ...and stuff.

Have to get those things ......and stuff done sometime. What better time than during a gaming break.