By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian preview

Roronaa_chan said:
Fei-Hung said:
On a side note, I would love a write up at the end or a documentary that explains everything this game went through to get made. Is Ueda in or out? I thought he left and was only brought back in to help finish the game. How did studio Japan change? What were the difficulties? So many questions.

Ueda said he was looking forward to doing a post-mortem once the game came out

Ueda has been a freelancer for years now. He's not even a part of genDesign which is a new independent studio with key Team Ico members (but not Ueda). He finished work on the game under that position. Basically: Team Ico key folks except Ueda = genDesign, Ueda = freelancer, production = Sony Japan, with all 3 sides being credited in the final game.

Wow. I can't even begin to imagine what went wrong other than The Cell giving these guys real problems and or their vision being really ambitious. Looks like Ueda must have been burnt out 

Around the Network

I hope i will be able to afford the CE if it comes out in 2016 or being able to order it before it sells out dueto scalpers lol

Is it really happening, 2016 is still quite long. Careful optimism.
Now the big dilemma, avoid spoilers at all cost or get hyped.

So does that mean Trico will behave differently at the same points in the game in subsequent plays through? Or will it's disobedience and unpredictability become predictable after you've played the game once?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

BraLoD said:
Roronaa_chan said:

Includes a video of IGN staff impressions and a short interview with Ueda. Both vids have little bits of new footage. Trico confirmed COTG

Cat of the Generation?

No, character

Around the Network

This sounds great Day one for me :D