By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Atomic bomb survivors want an apology from Obama.

He can apologize on behalf of his predecessors. I don't see a problem with that. The images of children with their skin hanging off is worth an apology at the very least.

Around the Network

Japan was a rabid country that committed endless atrocities across Asia and attempted to initiate a plague on the North American mainland with plans to try again.

Seriously, does anyone here honestly believe Japan would have refrained from using nuclear bombs if they had them? While often overlooked, they were in many ways as violent and horrific as the Nazis.

Don't apologize and move on.

The firebombing the US did to Japanese cities was a lot worse then the two atomic bombs.

Johnw1104 said:

Japan was a rabid country that committed endless atrocities across Asia and attempted to initiate a plague on the North American mainland with plans to try again.

Seriously, does anyone here honestly believe Japan would have refrained from using nuclear bombs if they had them? While often overlooked, they were in many ways as violent and horrific as the Nazis.

Nanking is one of the most horrific things I've read on all of World War II.

Peh said:
Azuren said:
If he had testicles he would say "You guys came out of nowhere and attacked a military port without provocation, then proceeded to thoroughly FUCK Asia. You had it coming."

But if he was smart, he wouldn't go at all. Sounds like a stupid maneuver that will piss off a large group of people regardless of what he will do when he gets there.

The US was supporting UDSSR and Great Britian in the war.

Not exactly legitimate grounds to level a military establishment of a country not directly involved. And as much as I love Japanese culture, they were monsters during WWII and needed to be put down, regardless. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
H.E.R. said:
Johnw1104 said:

Nanking is one of the most horrific things I've read on all of World War II.

I honestly think the reason the mainsteram in the west have so little memory of what Japan was doing while we remember the Nazis like they fell yesterday is simply due to the Nazi's victims being fellow white-faced westerners. Whether people realize it or not, we always give far more attention to the plight of fellow westerners than we do, say, those living in China under Japanese occupation. It doesn't speak well of us, but it's evident in how much news every attack on a western country gets compared to the brief sentence that scrolls along the bottom of the television mentioning bombings in Baghdad or elsewhere.

When one compares the two, there are more similarities between the Nazis and that particular Japanese regime than there are differences. When most people think of Japan now, though, they think of the wonderful country that rose from the aftermath. There does not appear to be anywhere near the guilt within the country or the reminders from without it that Germans to this day still face.

Personally, I don't think there should be any guilt felt; few (if any) who were directly responsible for the policies of the world's nations leading up to and through WWII have long since died. I certainly don't mind if Obama comments on how terrible nuclear bombs are and how wars of that scale leave you with zero good options, but we should be past demanding apologies from one another as it dredges up old hostilities that really ought to be left buried.

Johnw1104 said:

I honestly think the reason the mainsteram in the west have so little memory of what Japan was doing while we remember the Nazis like they fell yesterday is simply due to the Nazi's victims being fellow white-faced westerners. Whether people realize it or not, we always give far more attention to the plight of fellow westerners than we do, say, those living in China under Japanese occupation. It doesn't speak well of us, but it's evident in how much news every attack on a western country gets compared to the brief sentence that scrolls along the bottom of the television mentioning bombings in Baghdad or elsewhere.

When one compares the two, there are more similarities between the Nazis and that particular Japanese regime than there are differences. When most people think of Japan now, though, they think of the wonderful country that rose from the aftermath. There does not appear to be anywhere near the guilt within the country or the reminders from without it that Germans to this day still face.

Personally, I don't think there should be any guilt felt; few (if any) who were directly responsible for the policies of the world's nations leading up to and through WWII have long since died. I certainly don't mind if Obama comments on how terrible nuclear bombs are and how wars of that scale leave you with zero good options, but we should be past demanding apologies from one another as it dredges up old hostilities that really ought to be left buried.

I am pretty sure the number of Russians alone killed from the conflict with the Nazi's far outpaces what Japan did to anyone by a good number. 

Well, if I am at war with some nations and another nation which I am neutral with supporting my enemies, will be considered an enemy. Simple as that.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

CosmicSex said:
Johnw1104 said:

I am pretty sure the number of Russians alone killed from the conflict with the Nazi's far outpaces what Japan did to anyone by a good number. 

I'm not speaking merely of a body count, but the manner in which they treated those they attacked and occupied, as well as engaging in the torture of captured soldiers and attempting to initiate plagues. They stood out in an already horrific global conflict as being uniquely horrific themselves.

As for the Russians, I must give Stalin as much credit for their deaths as I do Hitler. Far more died than was necessary solely for that man's vanity.

kitler53 said:
japan is an important american ally. why the fuck would you say some of the very hurtful things being stated in this thread to an ally. you guys must be terrible friends.

america had their justifications for dropping those bombs but our lack of knowledge of radiation fallout means we killed tens to hundreds of millions more people than we thought we were going to. knowing what we know now i don't think truman would have dropped the bomb. and apologize won't change anything but it might make some people from a country we respect feel better.

NO. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!