By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 2015 announcements and their metascore

How bad was Nintendo's E3 2015

Bad 29 22.48%

Really Bad 28 21.71%

Terrible 72 55.81%

Total:129

Well, I mean, sure, but isn't this kind of to be expected with Nintendo? Isn't it part of the package?

If anything, at least they're throwing stuff out there rather than just leaving it to slowly sink the way they did with the Wii.

Without third-party products to fall back on, this is what you can expect. Nintendo has to put most of their resources into the launch of their next console, which means that it's reasonable to assume most Nintendo home consoles will experience something similar. This isn't an isolated incident.

Getting mad now is kind of like getting mad when you have to buy new tires for your car after a few years. It's an eventuality that you should accept when you fork your money over at the start.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

It's just a site which gives an average score over a good bunch of different critics websites, it is the easiest way to get an average of what all the gaming communities around the net think about a new title, if it didn't exist what would you have? just going to an individual website like IGN and going off their review score? Hope that something like Kain and Lynch or Mass Effect isn't going on where the whole site is being endorsed and sponsered by the game at the time.

Metacritic means that you get the average over so many sites it means that a gaming company can no longer sway all of the reviews with one or two advertising or micro site rubbish plans it makes it financially far more difficult to use money to warp review scores.

What actual issue is Metacritic causing you? Just please... don't say User scores because if you think user scores should be removed or are an issue then you might as well complain about certain videos on youtube based on the comments section there, but just out of interest, what is metacritic doing which is 'ruinning' the gaming community?

It exists.

A review should never come with a score, because it's just an opinion giving the player's experience. You can't quantify precisely your opinion by a number. In most case it will just confuse the reader even more b'cause there's no equivalence btw each gaming review.

So you're issue isn't with metacritic then it's with a 30-40 year old industry ago choice to use % as to how good or bad a video game is, that's fine so you have no issue with Metacritic just % based scoring.

I think you're wrong though, the % method is a good way to grade games quickly between, broken mess/living up to expectations and going well beyond them in a simple number format, one that every country on earth understands since maths is universal, in fact using a number to describe something makes it universally understood when you set out a scaling system like that, aliens could come to earth and would understand the merits of metacritic and % based reviews.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Really mediocre to bad scores this time around

Nothing really interested me at their 2015 E3 so I didn't get any of these games :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]