By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Majesco Brings Adventure to Wii

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9702&Itemid=59

By Kris Graft

Majesco Games is bringing Humongous point-and-click adventure properties Freddi Fish, SPY Fox and Pajama Sam to Nintendo Wii. Majesco's Humongous offerings will include Freddi Fish in Kelp Seed Mystery, Pajama Sam in Don't Fear the Dark and SPY Fox in Dry Cereal. The titles were originally released for PC in the 1990s.

The Wii's point-and-click functionality is a seemingly perfect fit for the games, which rely on a cursor to navigate menus and select on-screen objects.

Kid-friendly developer Humongous Entertainment was originally formed in 1992 by Shelley Day and renowned game designer Ron Gilbert, who is currently creative director at Vancouver's Hothead Games.

The new Majesco-published titles will be produced by Interactive Game Group under license from Humongous. The games will retail for $19.99, in line with Majesco's switch in strategy from large-scale premium games to more budget-priced casual titles.

Majesco CEO Jesse Sutton said in a statement, "[Humongous'] characters have demonstrated both tremendous staying power and widespread consumer appeal, and we think this kind of family-friendly content is well-suited to the Wii system."

The titles will be published by Atari in Europe and will be available in mid-2008.

Around the Network

These don't look like impressive games but more support is good and its good to see the point and click genre making a return.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

The more point and click games I see come out for the Wii, the more I want a remake of one of the King's Quest.

360 Tag - narfwack

these games are meant for KIDS.. i mean KIDS, my son- now 6- started playing with freddie the fish when he was 3-4

that said these games are PERFECT for the wii

point n click = mouse movement and all you did for these games was click what you wanted, click where to go...

i WILL be getting this game for my 3.5yr old twins--they just started playing freddie the fish and the haunted school house

OMG was walking thru a store last night and was thinking how cool it would be to get ports like this on the wii---like police quest and some other sierra gems

Around the Network

I remember these games. i used to love them when I was really little. I'm happy to see these games ported to Wii. I hope the youger Wii audience enjoys them (assuming the games are done well).

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Wait... straight ports of 10+-year-old games... for $20 each? That sounds about $10 too much - I'd have put all three on a single DVD for $30-$40.

They'll definitely sell to the kid-friendly crowd, though, regardless.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Looks like the Little Mermaid.  ^_^

Doesn't look like my game at all, but it's good to see adventure games making a comeback. Hopefully we'll be getting more stuff like Zack&Wiki in the near future.

They should put 1 on WW for $10 instead and see if the DVD games or the WW game makes more money.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org