By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo CE vs Halo 2

Tagged games:

The winner is...

Halo: Combat Evolved 42 40.00%

Halo 2 63 60.00%

Total:105

Well, Halo 1 made a bit of a comeback from the initial landslide in favour of Halo 2, but ultimately, it looks like the sequel wins this one.

Around the Network

Halo CE, wasn't a fan of dual wielding.

Halo 2 on Xbox easily. Over all Halo: CE smashes it on PC. The multiplayer on that is unparalled to any other Halo game. The large PC exclusive maps are amazing and the improved vehicle handling made it an essential part of the core experience. The addition of the flamethrower and fuel rod cannon added more fun weapons, while remaining balanced.

Halo 2 was amazing but a little unbalanced thanks to the power weapons to the magnums. Halo: CE was phenomenal and a real game changer. It was sad to see Halo 2 downgrade certain aspects of Halo: CE PC, but it also Halo 2 added a lot of remarkable features. I have hours upon hours invested in the Halo series. Especially the original trilogy.... and made it to max level in Halo 4 -_- I got months upon months of pure combined game time in those games... ugh a good portion of my life xD

Fantastic games :3

Shadow1980 said:

Come to think of it, that same "it was my first in the series so it's my favorite" factor could also explain why so many people tend to always vote for Halo 3 maps in the MCC, as Halo 3 was by far the most successful game in the series, so many of those who have the MCC probably started off with Halo 3.

I think this is also a big factor in why Halo 3 is so beloved in general.