By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - #AskSEGA: addresses Shenmue 1/2 HD questions

Ruler said:
Nem said:

The save file is completely unecessary. What would it be for? The money you are carrying so you can break the next game? No point.

Shenmue was supposed to be a 5-7 game series, your decesions from previous games were supposed to change the story and the ending. Like  with which girl you will end up with.

Same is true for martial arts and items you auired from previous titles

I don't remember it ever changing because of decisions. I mean... you could fail events and then you had to repeat.

The combat system is completely revamped in a new engine and will probably be much improved. Theres no need to string ourselves to the old games besides the story. Let Shenmue be reborn in a modern generation.

Around the Network
Nem said:
Ruler said:

Shenmue was supposed to be a 5-7 game series, your decesions from previous games were supposed to change the story and the ending. Like  with which girl you will end up with.

Same is true for martial arts and items you auired from previous titles

I don't remember it ever changing because of decisions. I mean... you could fail events and then you had to repeat.

The combat system is completely revamped in a new engine and will probably be much improved. Theres no need to string ourselves to the old games besides the story. Let Shenmue be reborn in a modern generation.

the combat system was my favourite up until today bar none. very grounded and your actual time training the techniques would improve on their efficiency. spent hours upon hours practicing in the empty parks through the game :)