By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Netflix looking into possibility of streaming movies over Xbox Live

They survey was leaked awhile back so this is just confirmation that Netflix is indeed looking into streaming movies over Xbox Live.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/netflix-surveys-subscribers-on-xbox-360-interest

"US-based online film rental company Netflix has admitted that it is looking at the possibility of streaming movies via the Xbox 360 console.

According to a report on Reuters, a Netflix company spokesperson didn't specify whether or not that interest indicated that a partnership with Microsoft was a possibility in the short term, but did say that the company was keen to get to consumer televisions "in as many ways as possible.""

(more at the link)

Around the Network

Hmm. Very interesting if your into the 360's film rental service.

Netflix, if it parnered right with MS, could wind up giving 360 owners many more movies, at a better price without the whole 24hr limitation thingy.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Weren't they doing this for PS3 and 360?

I remember reading an article about this last October that both systems were getting rental services from Netflix.

I am assuming they would do both the 360 and PS3 since they are both capable and they want to expand their usebase as much as possible. By the way one of the board members for Netflix has association with MS so not sure how big of an influence that would play.

Anybody use the Netflix download to pc service? It has a long way to go. The library of available rentals is awful. Why does this "news" continue to get posted?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
dbot said:
Anybody use the Netflix download to pc service? It has a long way to go. The library of available rentals is awful. Why does this "news" continue to get posted?

They are constantly adding more movies. It's already got a far better selection than just a few weeks ago. I have my PC directly connected to my TV and watch instant view movies and shows from Netflix all the time.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Could also be that as their userbase expands they will be able to add more movies, services etc. This would be a great feature and I would sign up for a flat fee to be able to stream HD movies using my xbox 360.