By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Too many multiplayer shooter games in 2016

want my attention and I can't give it to all of them even though I'm genuinely interested in most of these games:

-PvZ GW2

-Destiny new expansion

-SW Battlefront

-Overwatch

-Doom

-Uncharted 4 MP

-Titanfall 2

-Battlefield 1

-CoD IW

-COD MW Remastered

-The Division

-Battleborn

That's 12 games big on multiplayer, in just 8-9 months, some are gonna suffer badly population wise. Hell this month with UC4, Overwatch and Doom there's already an overdose. Tried their betas and thought all 3 were fun but I can't invest the time and money to get good in all of them. Wish some of these were more spread out and came sooner in this gen. A game like Overwatch should've been there since launch.

Around the Network

I think Overwatch is gonna take this year for me. BF and Cod got tiring for me a while ago while the others don't look as interesting for me. I do agree with there being a lot though

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Oh no

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

And yet I'll only be playing the Uncharted 4 multiplayer. Uncharted 2 had both the best singleplayer and multiplayer mode of its gen so if U4 is the same I only need one game.

Not sure I'd call Uncharted 4, Doom and MW:Remastered games "big on multiplayer", though. Particulary because their main enticing part is the singleplayer one, and the multiplayer is a bonus. Or at least I wouldn't compare them to something like Destiny or The Division, which actively enforce playing online.

Around the Network

Metroid Federation Force, Gears 4, Law Breaks are missing.

At lest Doom's campaign looks good

Most of those all have a main story mode and have usually been favoured for their P than their MP, especially for DOOM and UC.

I think I'll be spending my time with Overwatch for a good chunk of the year, knowing EA BF1 will cost £45 euros and a season pass that gates all the MP content for another 40 Euros which means I'll flat out be avoiding that release until it's really cheap.Speaking of cheap I recently snagged BF4 for 10 euros and it's first DLC pack for free with the other packs going free down the line which means I'll be split between BF4 and OW for the rest of the year, won't be getting DOOM until it's gone down in price but I'll be avoiding the MP mode like the plague.

Don't know if I'll grab Titanfall 2, though it's likely going to have the same price point as BF1 and knowing EA with Battlefront the PC version will have no built in server browser which means I'll be waiting till that is also cheap and seeing if the base holds up. I'm done with SWBF though, paid for the base game and the DLC hasn't really been released in full and still costs as much, exactly why I'll be avoiding the other two games until they go cheap as well, I;m totally done paying £80+ for an always online experience that has a very short time limit.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

my main online game is still the last of us but overwatch looks really fun!! but there are many, choice is great but i am sure some games will just have a small online community

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Why aren't you just playing each of the singleplayer campaigns? That's like half a weekend and you're done with them.

More time for Rocket League.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.