By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Comcast & AT&T raise data caps (digital future)

Hi friends.

Around the Network

Lol, I'm not sure if you could get internet with data caps in Norway even if you wanted it.

spemanig said:
Hi friends.

I don't agree with your opinion completely on this, but yes, a recent post I saw you made was one motivation of this thread lol.

Microsoft should be all digital in their future; Sony has direct interest to keep things going as is being a high end tech manufacturer;  Nintendo will go back to carts .  But all will obviously embrace or lean more on digital.

In Norway all Internet providers only offer the unlimited thing

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Raistline said:
Intrinsic said:
Eventually there will be no more optical drives. That goes without saying.Its already redundant tech inside a console now as it does nothing more than acts as a medium to move and install data onto an internal HDD and DRM checker.

By following this logic, the CD-Drive was a redundant technology on the PC as soon the first High Speed (768kbps) DSL moden was avialable. Yes, games do not run entirely from disc now but I would not call it redundant since it still holds value for those without unlimited Data and it works quite well as a DRM tool.

Nope. that's bit what I'm saying at all. Just look around you. It's becoming harder to find devices that still come with a disc drive than those that come without it. The only medium that still uses dis drives as its primary means of distribution are game consoles. 

And using a 768kbs modem as the basis of your argument is flawed. I said "eventually". Just look around you, it's not like the world is standing still. 15yrs ago it would have been unhewrd of to download a whole game. Today you can hardly even buy a disc copy of PC games. Today the amount of games downloaded on consoles are going up every year. Where do you think we will be in another 15yrs? 

Around the Network
se7en7thre3 said:

I don't agree with your opinion completely on this, but yes, a recent post I saw you made was one motivation of this thread lol.

Microsoft should be all digital in their future; Sony has direct interest to keep things going as is being a high end tech manufacturer;  Nintendo will go back to carts .  But all will obviously embrace or lean more on digital.

I'm glad I was able to have such a positive influence on you.