By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo E3 - No direct; only treehouse featuring Zelda

Pavolink said:

So, they could have take advantage for other things too, like new games or already announced games, even NX. This is not like E3 is suited for some things and other not. This event is important or it isn't, there's no middle ground. Our you go or you skip.

I mean take advantage about a live feeling, which is pretty much what I was saying. Maybe they don't want to show the NX and new games that way and prefer a controlled environment, and doing their own thing. Also, I'm not sure they won't show at least Paper Mario and some 3DS games already announced in the Treehouse later. I think that could be done in E3, since you don't win anything keeping them now. New games and NX in a separate event seems good to me. 

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Pavolink said:

So, they could have take advantage for other things too, like new games or already announced games, even NX. This is not like E3 is suited for some things and other not. This event is important or it isn't, there's no middle ground. Our you go or you skip.

I mean take advantage about a live feeling, which is pretty much what I was saying. Maybe they don't want to show the NX and new games that way and prefer a controlled environment, and doing their own thing. Also, I'm not sure they won't show at least Paper Mario and some 3DS games already announced in the Treehouse later. I think that could be done in E3, since you don't win anything keeping them now. New games and NX in a separate event seems good to me. 

Then why not to show and put demos of those games, like Paper Mario and those 3DS games? Why only Zelda?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Luke888 said:

because it's the Wii U version. Wii U isn't important anymore for Nintendo, they're already moving on, so they only give us something for Wii U and wait to show off the better version of the game in the actual NX announcement event...

They Wii U version mey not be important, but the game it's. So again, they could have dropped entirely from E3 and show the game in a more important event.

Still, given how big the Zelda U world is, They will have plenty of new footage to show at their own event, adding the graphic improvement, it's pretty much as announcing a new game given how hyped people are for this game. Plus after seeing the improved footage at Nintendo's own event people will be like "Oh, damn, I wonder how that part of the world that they explored at E3 will look like..."

Luke888 said:
Pavolink said:

They Wii U version may not be important, but the game it's. So again, they could have dropped entirely from E3 and show the game in a more important event.

Still, given how big the Zelda U world is, They will have plenty of new footage to show at their own event, adding the graphic improvement, it's pretty much as announcing a new game given how hyped people are for this game. Plus after seeing the improved footage at Nintendo's own event people will be like "Oh, damn, I wonder how that part of the world that they explored at E3 will look like..."

I doubt there will be any improvement. Hell, if at this point the game doesn't blow any mind, then they are the laziest company ever. This is not the first year in development, this is the 5 year since Skyward Sword. The game must be almost finished at this point, so no excuse for buggy or rough demos.

Feel sorry for Nintendo fans. They have nothing to look forward to this E3 other than live stream quality footage of a game that is more than a year away. :/

Remembering last year how bad they set themselves up for a letdown for Nintendo Direct after TLG, FF7, Shenmue 3 were shown at Sony's conference, the sky was literally the limit. "Now Nintendo is gonna show Metroid! F-Zero please Nintendo!", like why would you even expect Nintendo to deliver just because Sony delivered. Now this year there can't be even disappointment, there is simply nothing.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

Then why not to show and put demos of those games, like Paper Mario and those 3DS games? Why only Zelda?

If I'm not mistaken, the only Nintendo's games which will come after E3 are Federation Force, Paper Mario and Pokémon games? I suppose Paper Mario and Pokémon are not ready for show, and Federation Force is... Federation Force, which I don't think will benefit after what they show in the latest events XD. We'll probably see some 3DS games in other companies' stands if they're planning to make some 3DS games. The reality is that they have almost nothing to show, even if that's sad.

Volterra_90 said:
Pavolink said:

If I'm not mistaken, the only Nintendo's games which will come after E3 are Federation Force, Paper Mario and Pokémon games? I suppose Paper Mario and Pokémon are not ready for show, and Federation Force is... Federation Force, which I don't think will benefit after what they show in the latest events XD. We'll probably see some 3DS games in other companies' stands if they're planning to make some 3DS games. The reality is that they have almost nothing to show, even if that's sad.

Kimishima said there were unnanounced first and third party games for 3DS, why not to announce there? On top of that, how is Paper Mario and Pokemon not ready to be shown if both are expected to come this year?

Pavolink said:

Kimishima said there were unnanounced first and third party games for 3DS, why not to announce there? On top of that, how is Paper Mario and Pokemon not ready to be shown if both are expected to come this year?

I think that was PR bullshit, to be honest. I think we're expecting now zero WiiU/3DS new games. If I'm proving wrong, then we'll see. Also, maybe Paper Mario and Pokémon are not polished enough. I expect them to release on December, so that could be it. Pokémon is big enough to have its own event though. Not sure about Paper Mario. Maybe they're planning to show it in the Treehouse. If the Treehouse is 3 days of Zelda, I think they could pretty much beat the game XD. I don't know, there are plenty of reasons which will make sense, or will not make sense when we know what are their plans. NX reveal makes sense to me to do that in a separate event, I support that decision. 

Nintendo is up to something. It must hurt them to even release this info but no pain, no gain.

JRPGfan said:

" no Direct this year for Nintendo's E3 showings. Instead just a Treehouse livestream of Zelda gameplay."

: (

Nintendo lately just keeps makeing me go "WTF?".

This is so bad it can't be true.  Makes me think they will do a surprise direct to impress the fans.  Like they can't seriously only show Zelda around then