By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dont you just hate it when that happens...

I have been playing through Murdered Soul Suspect on my PS4, it has it's flaws, but overall an interesting game. I was just getting to the crunch of the story, and the only bit left to do was confront the Bell Killer. On route to the museum, boom!! the game froze on me. No biggie, I shall just reload from my previous checkpoint? nope my save file is corrupt. Damn it all that hard work and all those collectables gone! I decided I didnt want to go through all that again, so I deleted the game and watched the ending on youtube only to discover I was about 10 mins away from completing the game....dont you just hate it when that happens :(

Around the Network

-Multiple save files
-Cloud save on PS+

=win

While I honestly hate that cloud saves on PS4 are restricted behind PS+, they're life-saving. I actually made a thread very similar to this where I lost my whole Bloodborne file and I was, honestly, crushed inside. But some user suggested checking it (and for some reason I had PS+ back then), and I could recover them.

Yeah, as much as I don't like Clouds, they sometimes are cool. Like that time. :P

This wouldn't be an issue if you could have multiple save files, like the user above suggested, but unfortunately these games restrict you to just one save file.

I love that game!

Boutros said:
I love that game!

I was loving it, I had nearly all the trophies as well :(

Around the Network

Indeed I do hate when that happens. Its why I use multiple saves on games that allow it. Also part of why I got psplus once it had cloud saving.

Are you a ps plus member and had you played the game over several days, if so you probably have an earlier save.

Boutros said:
I love that game!

I hate it, but I think we've already had this talk.

There are only three rules when it comes to hard drives.
1. it will fail
2. it is bound to fail
3. it will fail eventually.

I hear and read of a lot of people talking about the 1TB/2TB HDD upgrade they have in their PS4. I don't need a 2TB HDD. I have a 1TB HDD and delete games that I haven't played in over 6 months. however, I do have two 4TB external HDDs and a 128GB flash drive. On one of those 2 external HDDs I make a back up of my PS4 every Sunday. And on the flash drive I back up my Dave files every single day. or other day.

And I have PS+.

I know it sounds like overkill. But when u lose years worth of accumulated content due to a HDD failure... all that will become second nature.

Turkish said:
-Multiple save files
-Cloud save on PS+

=win

Pay extra for your game not to be broken. Solid advice that.

Yeah... it sucks OP. I would simply not buy more games from that developer/publisher.

Nem said:

I would simply not buy more games from that developer/publisher.

You're basically telling him to skip games from a dead developer (Airtight Games) and everything Square-Enix will brought (publisher).