By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After a few days since Nintendo's NX release date/E3 plans, Has your opinion on these plans changed?

SJReiter said:
After a few days to process it, I've actually grown more worried about all this. My fear stews from the fact that 'March 2017' is such a suspicious time for them to say they will release a new console. Why? Because it's the tail end of fiscal year 2016. I'm worried that they said it's releasing in March now just so they could tell their investors, "don't worry! We've got new hardware launching this fiscal year!" Only to then later in the year say "whoops sorry, it's actually launching in fiscal year 2017 (Holiday 2017). Also, even if the NX launches in March, I'm also kinda worried that Zelda Wii U/NX will release in Holiday 2017. I don't know if I could take that...

i think your concerns are legit-  I would not be surprised if they delay the launch till holiday 2017

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
SJReiter said:
After a few days to process it, I've actually grown more worried about all this. My fear stews from the fact that 'March 2017' is such a suspicious time for them to say they will release a new console. Why? Because it's the tail end of fiscal year 2016. I'm worried that they said it's releasing in March now just so they could tell their investors, "don't worry! We've got new hardware launching this fiscal year!" Only to then later in the year say "whoops sorry, it's actually launching in fiscal year 2017 (Holiday 2017). Also, even if the NX launches in March, I'm also kinda worried that Zelda Wii U/NX will release in Holiday 2017. I don't know if I could take that...

i think your concerns are legit-  I would not be surprised if they delay the launch till holiday 2017

And go a full year with 0 new releases for any of their platforms? It's already bad enough that they had to forfeit the holidays this year. No way they're gonna delay it beyond what's necessary.

I was planning on taking a day off to see Nintendo's E3 this year. Now, I laugh at that possibility.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

I was planning on taking a day off to see Nintendo's E3 this year. Now, I laugh at that possibility.

That's an interesting turn of events. All this time you wanted to see more of Zelda, now that your wish has been granted, you don't care anymore.

Maybe you should read again, because I never stated that I don't care, just that I won't take a day off for the E3 plans. To see a playable demo of only one game is not worth a day of vacation.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Dunban67 said:

And go a full year with 0 new releases for any of their platforms? It's already bad enough that they had to forfeit the holidays this year. No way they're gonna delay it beyond what's necessary.

but they can make up that fiscal year revenue w a 2017 October+/- release but they can t make up this fiscal years revenue with a March release -  so its possible but i agree they should not delat more than needed

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

Maybe you should read again, because I never stated that I don't care, just that I won't take a day off for the E3 plans. To see a playable demo of only one game is not worth a day of vacation.

Ah, okay. It's still the only game worth caring about though.

My E3 "plans", no, fantasies, revolve around many new games and many new demos. Now, it's only one game. Doesn't mean I won't see, but it will be from work, not from house. Will reserve my vacations for something more worth than a game that doesn't have even a release date, or at least a trustworthy one.

As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo can come tomorrow and cancel or delay their plans and don't show anything. That's a lesson that I have to learn in a hard way.

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

My E3 "plans", no, fantasies, revolve around many new games and many new demos. Now, it's only one game. Doesn't mean I won't see, but it will be from work, not from house. Will reserve my vacations for something more worth than a game that doesn't have even a release date, or at least a trustworthy one.

As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo can come tomorrow and cancel or delay their plans and don't show anything. That's a lesson that I have to learn in a hard way.

If you ask me, it's never worth taking a day off to watch a video of new games. If you take a day off, it should be to play a new game.

I actually take off in an artifial way. I'm here but does nothing in all the day except to watch demos, trailers and learn more about it. But I take a real day off 4 years ago for the Wii U E3 2012. You can guess how that went... So, I wanted this year to fix that bad mouth taste.

Anyway, in the end they will have a proper event (which I prefer to be honest) with all the attention focused on them and most likely a lot of new game announcements. Also, it is worth to take a day off to see the reactions/rants on the internet.

At least the Zelda delay brought something worth: internet rants.

Pavolink said:
RolStoppable said:

If you ask me, it's never worth taking a day off to watch a video of new games. If you take a day off, it should be to play a new game.

I actually take off in an artifial way. I'm here but does nothing in all the day except to watch demos, trailers and learn more about it. But I take a real day off 4 years ago for the Wii U E3 2012. You can guess how that went... So, I wanted this year to fix that bad mouth taste.

Anyway, in the end they will have a proper event (which I prefer to be honest) with all the attention focused on them and most likely a lot of new game announcements. Also, it is worth to take a day off to see the reactions/rants on the internet.

At least the Zelda delay brought something worth: internet rants.

Yea the initial reactrions and opinions are always solid gold :D