By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4: Spoiler Free Impressions And Pics

John2290 said:
If I have to do a second playthrough it will be cell shaded. Is this filter going to be in the game?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Cell shade?? OMG..

Will be this game "The game of the gen"?

In Sony We Trust!

Madword said:
Aerys said:

But its objectively better to play in hard mode, it makes thé game much better, based on developers words :   

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=201002738

Adds Ennemies with more various weapons, are more accurare, quicker to see you, so cleverer, it makes things much more realistic then, better than feeling thé ennemies are stupid because they take time to see you while youre coming in front of them, it makes stealth much funnier when you really feel you need stealth to stay alive, trust me, thats thé big flaw in assassins creed, splinter cell the last one, and the last hitman, so if you care about stealth youll play at least in hard mode.

And in crushing you get to remove all thé stealth indications 

I prefer much more to play in easy as possible when there is a good story involved, so I dont end up getting frustrated playing areas over and over again, dont mind dying, but want to keep it at a minimum so i can enjoy the game. I can always go back and play it on hard later.

I think you are more involved and you have a better souvenir of something when you put a lot of efforts in it, goes for everything in life.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

More good impressions:

Just completed this wonderful game, It's a return to form in my opinion as I thought UC3 was just a good game and nothing more after how unreal UC2 was I can not describe how much I loved that game so maybe I was expecting too much from the 3rd game.

However UC4 is a stunning game, gunfights are miles better than previous entries and there are many ways to plan your attack and in complete stealth too if you want.

Visuals are mightily impressive the PS4 is a beast for a console and ND are just beyond talented in all aspects of game development and it really shows it's honestly just unbelievable for a console game, The game feels a little more mature and more serious than previous entries in my opinion and the settings of the game are also excellent.

The usual action set pieces are back and they are great maybe could of been a little bit better/longer but it's always nice to play them intense moments in between platforming and snappin necks.

I felt that there was a lot more platforming than previous entries in the series which is a good thing there is also some small open environments to explore by vehicle aswell in the game nothing huge but it was a good addition.

As ever the cast are voiced better than any other game that's out there right now there's really nothing more to say about that.

The hidden treasures are back and I would say they are much harder to find than all previous entries I don't know if that's anything to really shout about but I love treasure hunting a lot so I welcomed this.

For me personally I think this is the best game I've played since The last of us was released, people might read my post and think I'm just swallowed up in all the hype and I've played it with my ND glasses on but honestly no I haven't I just think it's a hall of fame level game.

I played quite stealthy and tried to find as many treasures as I could finding 74/109 so this certainly added time to my total completion time on Normal difficulty which came in at 17 hours and 27 mins.

If I am to point out any negatives.... I can't really mention them as they are all spoilers so I'll not post them not even spoiler mark them, but maybe nitpicking the last couple of chapters could of been a little better and the antagonists were pretty lame compared to Lazaravich and Flynn of UC2, Too many slidey parts kinda made it feel cheap after the 20th time.

EDIT- as a Reddit poster stated yes I do agree that there isn't enough of the classic moments like the train from UC2 or plane from UC3 they are in UC4 but like I say earlier in my post they could of been a bit better/longer. There is a lot of fan service but it's good and doesn't feel tacky or face palm worthy at all - EDIT

It's a 9.5/10 game no doubts about it at all, It's worth buying a PS4 for or going out of your way to borrow or rent a console for a weekend or something, but whatever you do if you like any previous Uncharted games you're gonna love this....

The PS5 Exists. 

Isnt it the most beautiful game ever made ?

( yes that is ingame ! )

And all of that too is ingame ( it spoils a little little bit because you dont really see any inconic environment, just some cavern and jungle ) :

Cavern: http://i.imgur.com/RWHBrpF.png

Cavern part 2: http://i.imgur.com/fn7ahbo.png

Cavern part 3: http://i.imgur.com/mHaRcJk.png

Trees: http://i.imgur.com/eVi5DkG.png

If you dont feel it spoils too much, you can integrate them directly to the thread, but that is totally insane, it is really as beautiful as in the engine trailer, really, especially the part 3, similar lightning conditions.

Around the Network

More impressions:

Finished. Wonderful ending. I teared up a little knowing this is the end for the franchise and Nates stories. That said, took me 15 hours and since the statisticks dont count cutscenes from what Im told, I'd guess the game was anywhere from 17 to 19 hours in length. My favorite third person shooting adventure game of all time. Naughty Dog you wonderful geniuses, you all should be so proud of what you made here!

Bullet mode slows down time when aiming.

10 out of 10 no question and that's with not even trying mp as it's not up yet... multiplayer could suck ass and I'd still rate it a 10 out of 10.... that said... if MP is amazing... 11 out of 10!!!!!

Yes and no. There's still a lot of wit and the chemistry between characters is incredible. Especially the brothers, there's a few exchanges that made me chuckle and they really do feel like brothers. The game has a darker tone to it all though, things are less wacky and more straightforward this time and Nate has matured a lot as a character.
To be honest it's a very nice change of pace. It's not a negative as it fits very well.

The PS5 Exists. 

This game impresses me in every aspect, length, visuals, gameplay, animations, acting( from what i saw), content, .... I think this game is the Goty now ( with Persona 5)

Mod edit.

Spambot.

8 DAYS to go !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I have played it and finished it. Will not say a word what happens, apart from you guys are in for a treat.