By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: Uncharted 4 Won't Sell 5 Million, Week 1

DonFerrari said:
Ballas said:

If three titles sold 21 million, 7 million each and the remaster sold 5 million, how did you come to the conclusion that Uncharted sells 8.5 million on average?

21M+5M=26M/3=8.66M average.

He used flawed logic then, that additional 5m wouldn't be a thing for Uncharted 4, it will sell all it can on PS4.

Though it will sell a LOT more than 8.66m even. The hype is just crazy even among people who never played the games.

Around the Network
Ballas said:
JRPGfan said:

This.

UC 1,2,3 on PS3 is over 21m.

UC collection on PS4 is probably over 5m by now.

I dont think its much of a stretch, to say the avg UC game has sold more than 8.5m each.

UC4 is going to sell more than that, Its a 10m+ title.

If three titles sold 21 million, 7 million each and the remaster sold 5 million, how did you come to the conclusion that Uncharted sells 8.5 million on average?

3 games.... 21m + 5m = 26m / 3  = 8.67m ?

Am I doing it wrong?

JRPGfan said:
Ballas said:

Am I doing it wrong?

Yes, why should sales of the remaster be added? It consists of three games and was sold separately on another console, if it was something like The Last Of Us or God Of War III where it was a remaster of one game I would agree, but there's a huge difference in perception and value for money with a remaster of three games which no doubt played a big factor in its sales, as did the mass bundling.

And with any remaster of a good game, there are people who double dip which goes to the other two remasters too that I mentioned, that doesn't contribute to franchise popularity, just overall sales.

This "average" wouldn't be applicable to Uncharted 4 unless its bundled with the other three games on PS5.

Ballas said:
JRPGfan said:

Am I doing it wrong?

Yes, why should sales of the remaster be added? It consists of three games and was sold separately on another console, if it was something like The Last Of Us or God Of War III where it was a remaster of one game I would agree, but there's a huge difference in perception and value for money with a remaster of three games which no doubt played a big factor in its sales, as did the mass bundling.

And with any remaster of a good game, there are people who double dip which goes to the other two remasters too that I mentioned, that doesn't contribute to franchise popularity, just overall sales.

This "average" wouldn't be applicable to Uncharted 4 unless its bundled with the other three games on PS5.

Because its the same game(s)?

"there's a huge difference in perception and value for money with a remaster of three games which no doubt played a big factor in its sales, as did the mass bundling."

Yeah true... but still alot of those are probably new users, that havnt played the games before either.

Uncharted 4 is still going over 10m copies sold imo.

3 million minimum i would say, biggest game of the year.

Around the Network

Was thinking 3 million first week and 5-6 million first month.

JRPGfan said:
Ballas said:

Because its the same game(s)?

"there's a huge difference in perception and value for money with a remaster of three games which no doubt played a big factor in its sales, as did the mass bundling."

Yeah true... but still alot of those are probably new users, that havnt played the games before either.

Uncharted 4 is still going over 10m copies sold imo.

Yes it will, it has immense hype even among people I know who never played Uncharted games and they will be sure to check it out sooner than later.

Still that logic is flawed in my opinion. I bought the Uncharted PS4 bundle even though I had played it before and didn't want to buy it again but compared to the alternatives (BO III and SW BF) Uncharted just was the better choice. I believe I'm not the only one like this.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ballas said:

Wouldn't it be the opposite?

Having it in a bundle of 3 games probably held it's sales back a little. You said yourself about people double dipping and getting the other 2 included for free, but I don't know many people who only like 1 of the Uncharted games so if they were sold separately those double dippers probably would have bought all 3. Likewise new buyers likely wouldn't have just went for 1 either. So yeah, I'd bet that if they'd released them as 3 separate games at $20 each then the total sales of the 3 would add up to more than the sales of a single collection at $60.

I highly doubt it would have had the same level of hype. People like to have an all in one package over split ones hence why FF X/X-2 HD sold better as a collection than individually. Uncharted 1 could have easily been ignored by the majority of double dippers, and 3 too to an extent. 2 has the biggest fanbase after all, but even then I don't think it would have sold as much as NDC.

Plus its not the same thing. They would be comparable if each Uncharted game was $40 or $50 like GOW III and TLOU. It wouldn't have sold even close to the same level as it did as NDC, Sony was smart to release it as a collection.

Agreed. Pretty obvious prediction though.

JRPGfan said:

Am I doing it wrong?

You can't group the original trilogy and the remaster together and say it's just 3 games xD.