By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Emily Rogers rumor about Retro's next game

Soundwave said:

It's going to be funny when people speculate it being some epic new IP and it turns out to actually be Diddy Kong Racing NX.

agreed hence why I don't sepculate or even hope for Retro ro give me something I am dying to play.

Around the Network
Nem said:

That is pretty bad news for the NX. Nintendo needs the buzz and hype of an HD metroid. Oh well...

I don't about it being bad news. Nintendo has gotten complaints that they don't make enough new IPs. Retro Studios making a new one sounds awesome. Still, it would be great to see a Metroid game on the NX.

Soundwave said:
Nautilus said:
I trully hope thats true.It would be truly epic if retro is really making something new.Imagine a sci-fi game in veins of Mass Effect, or even an adventure game?

I would argue that Diddy Kong racing is by far the best racing game of its generation and one of the best of all time. It controls incredibly well, much better than Mario Kart 64, and all vehicles included in also control great and function fantastically for certain levels. the ability to compete competitively in different maps depending even on if you're using plane or car or hovercraft is fantastic.

I honestly find Diddy Kong Racing extremely underrated, Rare did fantastic work on it. It also had a magical feeling to it with its world exploring through portals and areas (which I will add Crash Team Racing FAILED to immitate successfully).

I think for whatever reason people see all of the items and blah in Mario Kart and remember it better, when it controls far worse and is not anywhere near as magical.

that said if they aren't working on another Diddy Kong Racing then hopefully it is some sort of more adult themed adventure game. Nintendo and Retro have shown they are fully capable of darker games in the past, whether its Zelda or Metroid. They could easily make an awesome new IP. I mean for gods sake if they can take Mario and successfully put him into a space based game (Galaxy) with no problems, than they can make a new sci fi or adventure game set somewhere dark with combat like Metroid/Zelda but a new storyline or type of game

Soundwave said:
t3mporary_126 said:

So people can follow her Twitter account when she eventually tells us what the source is. She's a very smart newscooper.

Either that or she's full of shit.

That is a possibility as well, yes. The great thing is, if she's wrong, she can claim her source was bad or the info was outdated and Nintendo had recently went against said info.

However, since she has gotten some predictions correct before and her leaks are carefully attractive to the Nintendo audience, fans will give her the benefit of the doubt. In a way its not too different than the three witches in MacBeth who trick MacBeth to believe in their lie.

Soundwave said:

It's going to be funny when people speculate it being some epic new IP and it turns out to actually be Diddy Kong Racing NX.

I'm hoping the rumors of Monster Games handling a potential Diddy Kong Racing game is true.  I also hope that if the rumor is true that someone helps them out when it comes to the game's menus and other user interface aspects since their games often look very generic from a presentation point of view.

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:

I would argue that Diddy Kong racing is by far the best racing game of its generation and one of the best of all time. It controls incredibly well, much better than Mario Kart 64, and all vehicles included in also control great and function fantastically for certain levels. the ability to compete competitively in different maps depending even on if you're using plane or car or hovercraft is fantastic.

I honestly find Diddy Kong Racing extremely underrated, Rare did fantastic work on it. It also had a magical feeling to it with its world exploring through portals and areas (which I will add Crash Team Racing FAILED to immitate successfully).

I think for whatever reason people see all of the items and blah in Mario Kart and remember it better, when it controls far worse and is not anywhere near as magical.

that said if they aren't working on another Diddy Kong Racing then hopefully it is some sort of more adult themed adventure game. Nintendo and Retro have shown they are fully capable of darker games in the past, whether its Zelda or Metroid. They could easily make an awesome new IP. I mean for gods sake if they can take Mario and successfully put him into a space based game (Galaxy) with no problems, than they can make a new sci fi or adventure game set somewhere dark with combat like Metroid/Zelda but a new storyline or type of game

Well said. I agree that DKR tops Mario Kart 64 and every other kart racer that gen. It's a brilliant game. 

@OP: Retro's new game has me very excited. It's one of the best developers on the planet and everything it touches turns to gold. I wouldn't mind if Retro dug back deep into its past to find inspiration in the old Turok games. Nintendo could use an exciting FPS with a focus on exploration and completing objectives.

I prefer them to make a new IP, but am I the only one who actually prefers a new DKR game than a new Metroid? XD. C'mon, DKR was a brilliant racer!

Volterra_90 said:
I prefer them to make a new IP, but am I the only one who actually prefers a new DKR game than a new Metroid? XD. C'mon, DKR was a brilliant racer!

I would definitely be OK with a Retro DKR. I don't think that project would be in any way "beneath" the studio. Retro has spent the last 15 years breathing new life into dormant franchises - why not do it again with Diddy Kong Racing?

Nice. I would love a new IP, but I can say the same about Diddy Kong Racing as well. Don't dismiss this amazing game, guys... it was much better than Mario Kart at its time in pretty much every aspect. If done right, this could be amazing.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

If they are making a new metroid: amazing.
If they are making diddy kong racing: amazing.
If they are making a new ip: amazing.

Theres no possible bad scenario.