By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think D:DoC will open the path for mature games on the wii?

Since some people think that mature games don't sell well on the wii I am hoping that Disaster: Day of Crisis will be the game that make others mature games start selling well . Since nintendo is moving from the  downmarket to the upmarket(check this http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html  to understand more) .

Around the Network

Based on that article, i wouldn't expect that game until next year. This year will end off sequels to existing IP's.

Next year will be the upmarket.

I know I may sound like starcraft here but I don´t think Disaster will end up beeing that good since Nintendo has been very silent about it... sure E3 might change things but since it was displayed before the Wiis launch it is way overdue for release or at least more info... the silence just makes you expect the worst... (plus the original screns didn´t look that impressive)

superchunk said:
Based on that article, i wouldn't expect that game until next year. This year will end off sequels to existing IP's.

Next year will be the upmarket.

I agree with you superchunk I think nintendo will announce pikmin 3,kid Icaurus, Kirby and animal crossing on the E3 for the holiday period and they will realease D:DoC and other upmarket games next year.

No, Nintendo isnt about mature games. I would know this since I used to be a nintendo fan.

mM
Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21609&page=1

I already posted a similar question.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
El Duderino said:
I know I may sound like starcraft here but I don´t think Disaster will end up beeing that good since Nintendo has been very silent about it... sure E3 might change things but since it was displayed before the Wiis launch it is way overdue for release or at least more info... the silence just makes you expect the worst... (plus the original screns didn´t look that impressive)

I have high hopes for Disaster (I mean, would Nintendo have bought the company if the game were crap)

But We just don't know enough about the game at all to make any kind of speculation on something like this question. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

thekitchensink said:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21609&page=1

I already posted a similar question.

I know but your thread was about shooters this is about mature titles in general.

If you can create a huge and diversified userbase on a console with an healthy ecosystem than you get all type of games to cover every niches.
I mean look at DS there is Brain Age, World End with You, Dementium: The Ward, Contra 4, Nanostray 2, Nintendogs ...
One only game can not and will not change the destiny of a console alone.
It all depend on business startegis .

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

stof said:
El Duderino said:

I have high hopes for Disaster (I mean, would Nintendo have bought the company if the game were crap)

But We just don't know enough about the game at all to make any kind of speculation on something like this question.

Even Nintendo makes mistakes...(flameshields at max Mr. Zulu) and yes new s**t has to come to light... but if this game was going to be as good as we all hope I don´t see why Nintendo would first show it off and then never talk about it again... maybe Project Hammer beeing canceled just made me paranoid...