By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ooops! :O Nintendo Transition to a Company with Audit/Supervisory Committee, Officer System

there has not been much accountability in Nintendo s executive offices - when co revenues shrink significantly every year for 8+/- years with little meaningful change in how they do business and little change in corp personnel then that co has become too comfortable
adding Reggie and Shibata as exec officers may mean Nintendo may start prioritizing its major markets accordingly instead of "Japan 1st" and everyone else a distant 2nd

If these changes are not going to be just "window dressing" to appease investors, then this is the beginning of significant change at Nintendo. It could even make it easier for them to be bought out eventually- but too early to tell- weather the coming changes will make things better for existing and past Nintendo fans or drastically worse for them is anyone's guess at this point

Nintendo has already operated with very short term mentality the last 5 or so years so it may be difficult to operate with an even shorter term mentality come change or not

Around the Network

Don't really know what this means exactly, but Nintendo has been restructuring a lot lately..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Could either be really good or really bad. Only time will tell.

Arlo said:
Could either be really good or really bad. Only time will tell.

I think it will be both really good and really bad-   probably really good for investors    posibly not so good for some or alot of long term fans

I think in the coming year there will also be more than a few changes among top execs and board members- (I don t mean Kimishima)

This sounds interesting.

Around the Network

oooooh shit. Welp, as much as nintendo needs direction in executive decision making, i really fear this could bring horrible practices that have been relevent in the industry for so long now. "remember the free updates for splatoon?! great! now get the "full experience" of spla2n with the spla2n season pass for only $50!" eeeeeeeeeeeeeef that.