By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Roll Call - A Feast of Crows

RolStoppable said:
bigtakilla said:

Why in the world would the amount of wii u games yet to be released (which still can't be proven honestly) have any impact on a bet of the NX release? Lol. 

Oh, because every other arguement crumbled.

Because that was pretty much the main point of contention in the longwinded threads: "The Wii U is not going to get replaced so soon and there will be more first party games for it."

People kept saying that the Civil War thread is in good fun, but it's really not when people like you who have gone on record to say that there will be four new titles in 2017 don't have the dignity to admit that they were way off. If you and others had said that they are going to use crow avatars, then I would have thought differently about this whole thing. But you guys had the nerve to brag about a win despite being so terribly wrong in the long discussions regarding when the Wii U is going to get replaced.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7839930

I tell you what. If people get you and gamemaster87 to sport a crow avatar for a week, then I'll have a crow avatar for a week too.

Four new first party games in 2017, one of them being Metroid. That's so terribly wrong. That deserves a crow.

So what do you say?

That wasn't the bet. The bet was for when the NX arrived. We won.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:

I want to see you and gamemaster87 with a crow avatar just so rol will have a crow avatar too ...

fatslob-:O said:
bigtakilla said:

I want to see you and gamemaster87 with a crow avatar just so rol will have a crow avatar too ...

Had I lost you would see me with a crow avatar.

bigtakilla said:

Had I lost you would see me with a crow avatar.

Doesn't matter, I still want to see you with gamemaster87 sporting a crow on their profile picture so that you guys take down rol with you ...

RolStoppable said:
bigtakilla said:

Problem is that there was no bet established, hence no obligation for anyone.

Read up what it means to eat crow. It doesn't require any bets. What I am suggesting is in good fun.

And I'm going to do what people should have done if they did't want to change their avatar and decline the offer.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
bigtakilla said:

And I'm going to do what people should have done if they did't want to change their avatar and decline the offer.

You deserve a crow though. That much is certain.

If we are talking about being wrong (and it seems we're talking about anything by this point) then most if not all of us "deserve"one. But some of us didn't bet on it.

Honestly, this took such a grim and unpleasant turn. I suggest locking the thread and just be done with it altogether.

RolStoppable said:

I'll sum up the situation. Here are the posts of the three people in question.

Mine: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7840203
-Predicted a 2016 launch date for NX, posted on April 4th. Result: March 2017 launch.

bigtakilla: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7839930
-Expected 4 new first party titles for the Wii U in 2017, posted on April 3rd. Result: 0 new games.

gamemaster87: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7839483
-Expected around 12 new first party titles for the Wii U in 2017, posted on April 3rd. Result: 0 new games.

All three got something wrong.

Conditions: If bigtakilla and gamemaster87 agree to sport a crow avatar for one week, then I'll do the same.

Reason for choosing the above two people: They were the captains of team 2017 in the Civil War thread, and very vocal about the NX launch timing and the amount of first party support that the Wii U would receive as a result of that.

What I got wrong isn't what we bet on. Get over it. Lol.

RolStoppable said:
bigtakilla said:

What I got wrong isn't what we bet on. Get over it. Lol.

Like I said, this is in good fun and eating crow is something that can be done without any bets. All it takes is that somebody is vocal about something and ends up being wrong.

And as I said, like those who didn't want crow avatars should have said, i decline.