By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Zero controls....Easy peasy.

OK, I finally get around to playing Star Fox Zero, A game with a very divisive control system it would seem. I have read/watched countless reviews, and seen many comments on gaming forums about  somewhat iffy controls. I boot up the game, which leads me straight to a short tutorial. "Here goes then" I tell myself, thinking if the controls are that bad Im sure I will adapt, 10 mins later..I have the controls nailed down. I have it on full motion control, I'm zipping around, blasting enemies, somersaulting, boosting, barrel rolling, seamlessly able to move between tv and gamepad to get those pesky enemies that are out of shot. The whole thing just seems effortless to me. Am I a highly skilled gamer that can adapt quickly to different control schemes? or perhaps the controls for Star Fox Zero aren't actually that bad. I for one have had no issue with them, and find the whole thing just a big bundle of fun.

Around the Network

Have you no shame? How dare you say anything positive about the WiiU?!!! It shouldn't be anything but the worsest thing ever created in the history of ever. Didn't you get the memo?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

He's a witch!

FunFan said:
Have you no shame? How dare you say anything positive about the WiiU?!!! It shouldn't be anything but the worsest thing ever created in the history of ever. Didn't you get the memo?

Lol.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Your having fun playing a game that received 7s

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

I haven't had too much trouble adjusting. The only problem is "barrel-rolling".I'm thinking of an alternate possibility for doing a barrel roll better, and I think they could ditched the ability of taking a "vertical" position with your Arwing (it's not like you'll use it a lot) and just make barrel roll with a single movement of the right stick. No problems adjusting to the more controversial thing, which is gyro controls and double screen. They're really useful.

d21lewis said:
He's a witch!

Don't be so hasty. Someone has a duck and a scale to check it?

Lemon squeezy?

Volterra_90 said:

I haven't had too much trouble adjusting. The only problem is "barrel-rolling".I'm thinking of an alternate possibility for doing a barrel roll better, and I think they could ditched the ability of taking a "vertical" position with your Arwing (it's not like you'll use it a lot) and just make barrel roll with a single movement of the right stick. No problems adjusting to the more controversial thing, which is gyro controls and double screen. They're really useful.

Yes the gryo and double screen set up is extremely useful. Being able to take out enemies outside your peripheral vision on the tv is great for a high score chaser like myself. I like the multi-tasking element, probably why I enjoyed Wonderful 101 so much.

RolStoppable said:

The vertical position allows the Arwing to turn faster, that comes in handy in all-range mode. The better solution for barrel rolls would be the L button. The direction of the rotation would be random, because it doesn't matter if it's clockwise or counter-clockwise. The L button's current functionality (cancelling a locked-on charged shot) could be moved to a press of the left stick. It's rarely used anyway.

Now that I think about it you're right, yeah. It could be useful. I haven't used the L button at all, though I knew its function, so probably that would be the optimal choice. It really doesn't mind the spin direction, so... Maybe clicking the sticks won't be that bad to do the barrel rolls. Though maybe they made the barrel rolls hard on purpose to make the game harder. I think it's an awful way to make it harder, but still, I really don't know how could be the possible reason about that XD.