By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Framerates: How low is too low?

Tagged games:

When does a framerate become unacceptable to you?

25fps 109 36.21%

20fps 94 31.23%

15fps 39 12.96%

30fps is already too low 59 19.60%

Total:301

it should stay at 30fps with drops to 25 ounce in a while is bare minimum performance

Around the Network

Below 25, i like 30fps. I actually feel like when i play in 60 it feels like the game is in fast-forward lol

Chevinator123 said:
Frequent drops below 30 are annoying but if it happens very rarely and only a few frames for a split second then i dont mind.

Recent game Dark Souls 3 is pushing this very very close. Its dropping all the time and im starting to notice, its much worse then BB ever was.

Poorly optimised. DS3 isn't even graphically demanding, it actually looks hardly better than DS2 ps4 port which runs at 60fps. 

30FPS is fine. 25FPS is annoying, but can be dealt with. 20FPS and below, and that's when I draw the line.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

After a few years of gaming at 60fps, 30fps looks sluggish and rather laggy to my eyes, I;d say anything below that isn't all that bearable for me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Below 30 fps.

When it somehow affects at my ability to play the game. If I get killed or fail a sequence because the framerrate is so damn low I can't even give proper inputs, then we have a problem.

The worst offender I've found so far was the 360 version of The Wolf Among Us, on which a chase sequence ended up going at what felt like 7 or 8 fps (it was really really sluggish) and I kept failing it because I couldn't simply find the moment to press any button.

On a side note, the tagged game is a brilliant choice for this thread, I must say. :P

As a PC snob, I dislike it when a game is 30fps and has massive outdoor panning areas, due to the framerate it just looks horrible.
FPS games feel slow and sluggish.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Anything that impacts game play is unacceptable.