By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just got the Metal Gear Solid Essential Package

just got it about 2 hours ago, and im playing mgs1 right now. beings back a lot of memories.

if you havent played any mgs games, i would suggest u pick up this package. its a great deal and it gets you up to date on the mgs plot, and gets you ready and hyped up for mgs4.

Around the Network

I like the sniping missions but i do not think i would go back and replay the games.

Congrats CP. I have played some MGS games but never really got into them.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Is MGS the PS1 version? I played MGS2 a while back and thought I might get the rest, but Twin Snakes and the remake of MGS3 separately might be a better idea. =/

Dunno what to buy, I have the money, but I could use it on GoW and FF VII or this and maybe Uncharted.

mM
Around the Network

I had them all already, but it is cool they offered this package. I recently played through MGS2.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

My copy should be coming sometime tomorrow, hopefully.

Parokki said:
Is MGS the PS1 version? I played MGS2 a while back and thought I might get the rest, but Twin Snakes and the remake of MGS3 separately might be a better idea. =/

If you're more concerned with the quality of the experience and not the price, I suggest you buy these, granted you have the consoles to play them on:

1. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes-Gamecube
2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance-Either Xbox or PS2
3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence-PS2

Also as a bonus buy:

1. The Document of Metal Gear Solid 2
2. Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions-PSOne
3. Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel-PSP
4. Metal Gear Solid 2 Digital Graphic Novel-PSP(Not released outside of Japan yet)

This is how to experience MGS. The Essential Collection is nice for someone with a strapped budget, or doesn't care too much about getting everything available as far as content. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

MGS series is exclusive to Sony.

I bought it and love it :) My roommate's never played the first one and he's currently doing that. AWESOME memories lol. I can't wait till he gets to that first scene with the Ninja >: ).

The other thing that's bad ass about this (aside from the $30 price tag), is that all 3 cases are the same size, with a similar print on each (style wise). It looks much more like a series now in my opinion. Bad ass for an enthusiast :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.