By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it Official? : Mobile Games are #1??

Are Mobile Games #1

Yes 15 18.52%

No 66 81.48%

Total:81

Per Fortune:

'Candy Crush' Outranks 'Call of Duty' As Mobile Gaming Beats PCs

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Well I mean most of the mobile "gamers" are 40 year old women and teenage girls :P

Sad state of affairs. Almost $30 billion in "skip ahead" microtransactions.

Sad if true.

Not surprised in the slightest. Let's just hope that not all every penny coming in from mobile games go straight back into making only more mobile games. As a secondary source of income for gaming companies (and one with much higher profit margins), I think it's somewhat fine though (even though most games are terrible and there are a lot of really horrible business models out there).
Companies sustaining themselves entirely on mobile platforms are not a good for the industry though, they represent a movement and direction I'd rather not have as a huge influence in gaming.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Sad if true.

The growth of mobile gaming isn't the sad part. The sad part is that most of that mobile money is spent on microtransacctions and paywalls.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

This is the sad reality, mobile gaming makes more money than the biggest games on dedicated consoles or PC. The casual market is just too great compared to the hardcore market.

Shadow8 said:
This is the sad reality, mobile gaming makes more money than the biggest games on dedicated consoles or PC. The casual market is just too great compared to the hardcore market.

Imo that still isn't the saddest part.  The casuals will forever be creating a world of games where there's no developers really developing on a consistent basis, but just trying to create a quick cash grab and then be done with it because of the lack of loyalty; also the lack of work even necessary to impress casuals.  You just have to have the right pop music appeal.

Lube Me Up

saddening. that basically says they are paying money "not" to play the game.

Those damn casuals making McDonalds the nr 1 restaurant and Michael Bay movies and American Idol the nr 1 entertainment. Quality stuff will still be made.