By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Nintendo IP games are you currently playing , if any? Current or Retro

I'm currently playing  Mario Maker , Splatoon , Mario party 10 with my kids , Majora's Mask 3DS & Smash Bros & I couldn't help feeling that the ONLY NINTENDO feeling I used to get whilst playing  when I was a lot younger is getting less and less prominent 😔 ---but it could be all in my head and have nothing to do with Nintendo's diminishing market share

gamertag Brainteeth

psn Brainteeth

ios Brainteeth

Nintendo Network Brainteeth

Instagram Brainteeth

Around the Network

Currently playing Twilight Princess HD and Pokemon Picross.

Just beaten Pikmin 3 and Rhythm Heaven Fever very recently.

Outside that, I'm just playing Smash and Fire Emblem Fates.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Splatoon

..and Pokemon Picross  

as well as Advance Wars Days of Ruin, Xenoblade X among other things

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Splatoon and DK: Tropical Freeze.

Around the Network

I'm doing a good-bye tour through my WiiU games, so I'm playing Pikmin 3 right now. I've beaten Fatal Frame V recently too.

The only Nintendo game I play on a daily basis is Pokémon Picross. And Miitomo, but I don't count that as a proper game :P.

Fire Emblem Fates! That game is just eating all my game time. Conquest is being brutal T_T

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

brainteeth said:

I'm currently playing  Mario Maker , Splatoon , Mario party 10 with my kids , Majora's Mask 3DS & Smash Bros & I couldn't help feeling that the ONLY NINTENDO feeling I used to get whilst playing  when I was a lot younger is getting less and less prominent 😔 ---but it could be all in my head and have nothing to do with Nintendo's diminishing market share

I'll give you my honest opinion: it is totally ok to feel that way. All of the games you listed are either uninspired or nothing special, except Splatoon. This game is fresh, creative and has some Nintendo magic/character. But the others you listed are not that great... maybe Smash is, but still... it's a competitive game and it don't even feature the cinematic "campaign" mode anymore.

I feel like since early 2015 Nintendo is riding throught a transitional period, where they are just keeping their systems afloat with low/mid budged titles that are not that inspired either, except 2 or 3 games, like Fire Emblem Fates or Splatoon, of course. They are clearly keeping their heavy guns for a new generation, one that will probably start later this year.

So I assure you, it's totally ok to feel that way. Don't worry, it shall end soon buddy.

As for OP... I'm not playing any Nintendo games currently... for the reasons stated above. Just waiting for a new and fresh start.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Fire Emblem 6 and Pokemon Omega Ruby

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Pokken tournament.