By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Scalebound Aims to Merge the Best of Action and Action RPG!

Tagged games:

There are elements that interest me but I'm not a fan of Platinum in terms of game design. The combat segments shown last year didn't grab me. Still, dragons are cool and maybe newer footage will change my mind.

Is it just me or is the link missing from the OP?

Around the Network

Sounds good. This is one of the games that would make me buy a Xbox One. :o

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Hopefully they advertise the hell out of this game and don't launch it right next to Mass Effect. I'll be getting day one regardless, it looks amazing.

I just want plenty of time to play both games. Both will own my life for a short time!

Judging by the speed the dragon is flying and how slowly the mini-map is moving with it... World looks quite big now. Still has a year to release!

That GIF tho... Wow.

Those are really nice clouds.

What?

This is pretty much top of my list in terms of interesting Xbox One exclusives, and it'll probably end up being the deciding factor on whether or not I pick one up in 2017. =D Other games that tickle my interest to some degree or another, mind you, but basically this is the game that elicits 'ShinyWantsMine' to the same extent Bloodborne did for the PS4, albeit for different reasons.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
Zanten said:
This is pretty much top of my list in terms of interesting Xbox One exclusives, and it'll probably end up being the deciding factor on whether or not I pick one up in 2017. =D Other games that tickle my interest to some degree or another, mind you, but basically this is the game that elicits 'ShinyWantsMine' to the same extent Bloodborne did for the PS4, albeit for different reasons.

What other games are on that list? 

Horizon just got pushed back to 2017 also. Many comparison threads will be made closer to release, I can feel it. 

ironmanDX said:
Zanten said:

Horizon just got pushed back to 2017 also. Many comparison threads will be made closer to release, I can feel it. 

It wouldn't feel VGC without those comparisons.

Goatseye said:
ironmanDX said:

It wouldn't feel VGC without those comparisons.

Agreed. Both games look great. Should make for some interesting discussion.

ironmanDX said:
Zanten said:

My list consists of (in descending order from 'WANTWANTWANT' to simply 'Interested In Seeing More Of,' Scalebound having been at the very top...)

-Sunset Overdrive (gorgeous color palatte, off-the-wall sense of humor appeals to me, looks to be varied and fun in terms of weapons, and I'm even more interested now that I finished and enjoyed the Ratchet and Clank remake,)

-Sea of Thieves (God DAMN it why didn't Ubisoft make another pirate game after Black Flag?!? I NEED TO PILLAGE)

-Crackdown (one of my first Xbox 360 games was the original one, which I loved to pieces; second one I was a bit more 'eh,' so I'm slightly more 'wait and see' on this newest one.)

-We Happy Few (Had my eye on this ever since I saw the crowdfunding announcement for PC. Interested in seeing how it develops over time.)

-Dead Rising 3 (I've actually already played it, on my roommate's much beefier-than-my-own computer, but obviously it'd be a nice game to get my hands on just to run around like a crazy person... pretty much like I did in Dead Rising 2. =D ZOMBIES!)

-Recore (the concept in the trailer looks interesting, but obviously also a 'wait and see' for me.)

-Space Engineers (This one seems to be listed as 'timed,' so it might eventually come to PS4, but if not, yeah, building spaceships for spaceship-y shenanigans!)

-Halo Wars 2 (Not normally a Halo fan, BUT I do love me some strategy games. =D A bit less certain about how comfortable I'll find the control scheme on console, though, as my usual strategy games- Total War titles and Sins of a Solar Empire- are ones I've played with mouse and keyboard.)

To explain the computer thing I mentioned in Dead Rising 3, my roommate has a fairly good gaming computer, and he's nice enough to let me play on it when he isn't using it. ...that being said, he's an avid PC gamer, so I don't exactly get a LOT of time on it. x3 This means that if a game is coming to PC, and looks like I can polish it off in a dozen hours or less, I'll likely just use his computer. If the game is more sandboxy, or looks like it'll consume dozens of hours of my life, then console is pretty much the preferable option, unless the game is 'simple' enough to run on my own computer decently. It's why I'd be getting stuff like Space Engineers, We Happy Few and Sea of Thieves on Xbox One, and why I'll be getting No Man's Sky on PS4, despite them also being available on PC.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Game looks interesting, I wanna see more.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)