By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4.5/PS4K Is Codenamed 'NEO' And More Info

Bandorr said:
ZahaDoom said:

That's a fair statement, I'm not happy about going back into hell, but if I'm going to be forced into disparity I'd rather have a Vive than a PSVR. I'd rather return to PC gaming than this half baked 3 year console upgrade cycle.

I hope developers refuse to support this fractured base junk and people's ps4k purchase becomes mostly a waste gaming wise.

So when the PS4 does it is is a "Fractured base jank"and you hope people refuse to support it. Yet you want to move to the PC market where it is 1000's of times worse?

Why aren't you mad at the PC for doing this? Why aren't they a fractured base junk for the PC? Why aren't you saying you don't want the developers to refuse to support the PC?

This seems more like something you want to complain about, than something you are actually upset about.

Mad at PC? Who is PC? Who is there to be mad at? PC is open architecture. 

Around the Network

cool, just what i spected.
will wait to get a used old ps4 for a low price, suposing lots would upgrade their ps4 to a ps4,5 and sell the old model.

Normchacho said:
Chazore said:

I don't get it, are you saying it's better if PC just had one brand for monitors, keyboards, GPU's, CPU's, mobos, anything PC hardware related?, do you think it;s objectively better if there is far less choiuce for different hardware and brands and better to go from being open to a closed platform?.

I think he's saying it's weird to be pissed at Sony for doing a mild version of something that is a staple of the PC gaming space, and then saying he's going to go to PC gaming over it.

That's exactly what he's saying, but he doesn't seem to get I'm saying if they are going to turn the ps4 (mildly or not) into a constant upgraded pc, I might as well just go PC where I'm in control.

There's something to be said as a user or a developer, knowing all the users have the exact hardware, and will have the exact experiences.

I have to say I still don't really get the point from Sonys end...The PS4 is selling gangbusters and is just this year hitting it's stride really.

Why shake things up now?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
I have to say I still don't really get the point from Sonys end...The PS4 is selling gangbusters and is just this year hitting it's stride really.

Why shake things up now?

Exactly.

If there is a Master Plan behind all of this, im seriously missing it.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:

I assume you are talking to me since you quoted me. No i'm not saying that. I'm saying it is highly hypocritical to be mad at the ps4 for having two versions - but then be happy with the PC which does that 1000 times over.

You can't talk about disparity between two playstations, but then be ok with it on the PC.

Well for consoles they are a closed system, having a single spec is pretty much expected per generation, having more than one spec isn't really the norm, you can easily cite Nintendo but Nintendo doesn't represent the entire console industry. PC's on the other hand have always featured thousands if not millions of different configs because that's how PC's have been for a very long time, their very nature of being an open platform is to feature different options, not 1-3. 

What I don't get is why it's a thing to include an open vs a closed platform hardware debate, I mean the way you are describing it for PC makes it sound like it's objectively worse than hell for everyone, even then from previous thread results some here seem to be totally A-OK with this route but not with the route PC's have had for decades, doesn't that seem hypocritical to you at all as well?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

You guys have to see how this will make it a hard sell, especially in the first 3 years to sell a ps5 if they go through with this move.

And if everyone sits on the fence in the first three years a console won't do so well.

Developers don't really get their teeth into a console for 3 years, so next generation, why not just wait then for ps5.5, pick up the sub par games from the first three year game library cheap and used. And enjoy the second and better half of the console life.

If they even make it to 5.5 because 30% is waiting for price drops on the original 5 and another 30% waiting it out for a 5.5. Leaving a way way smaller number of early adopters.

ZahaDoom said:

Normchacho said:

I think he's saying it's weird to be pissed at Sony for doing a mild version of something that is a staple of the PC gaming space, and then saying he's going to go to PC gaming over it.

That's exactly what he's saying, but he doesn't seem to get I'm saying if they are going to turn the ps4 (mildly or not) into a constant upgraded pc, I might as well just go PC where I'm in control.

There's something to be said as a user or a developer, knowing all the users have the exact hardware, and will have the exact experiences.

See that I can easily understand, you want control over what you build and I can totally get that, having more and more iterations throughout the gen of the same type of console doesn't really make all that much sense, at least not when consoles for the most part per gen have always had the same level of hardware and haven't done anything major or drastic to have one iteration and then suddenly a silly jump within the same gen, we've had slim models but even those didn't really go an extra mile or two in terms of actual power.

When I look at a console though I see fixed term hardware, not constantly shifting hardware that's still partially closed.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Digital Foundry is gonna get really embarrassing for Microsoft.

Normchacho said:

Why shake things up now?

It's gotta be a push from the TV/Media/Blu-ray division in Sony to sell more 4K sets and media, not understanding the gaming community. Same mistakes Microsoft made making a DRM media center instead of a gaming system.