By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese Developers Taking Notice...

... of the 360's potential?

Blue Dragon

Eternal Sonata

Lost Odyssey

Infinite Undiscovery

Good stuff.

Around the Network

japanese devs knew that games would look hot on the 360, they dont sell hot on the 360 in japan, thats all that matters.

Um, 2 of those are from Mist whos MS funded. Lost Odyssey lools cool, Infinite looks interesting but i cant stand Blue dragon and Eternal Sonata way to kiddy and reminds me of FF9 blehh!

Yeah, a console with a region strength of 1.5 isn't exactly ground-breaking, but it's sales within that 1 major territory are sufficient (probably providing MS gives some "refunds" that enough developers are willing to give it a shot). Personally I only want Eternal Sonata off of that list. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Blue3 said:
Um, 3 of those are from Mist whos MS funded. Lost Odyssey lools cool, Infinite looks interesting but i cant stand Blue dragon and Eternal Sonata way to kiddy and reminds me of FF9 blehh!

Actually, only two are from Mistwalker. Eternal Sonata is from NamcoBandai and Infinite Undiscovery is from Tri-Ace.

Eternal Sonata is getting a good deal of buzz from the Japanese demo they released. Looks good. 

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
Blue3 said:
Um, 3 of those are from Mist whos MS funded. Lost Odyssey lools cool, Infinite looks interesting but i cant stand Blue dragon and Eternal Sonata way to kiddy and reminds me of FF9 blehh!

Actually, only two are from Mistwalker. Eternal Sonata is from NamcoBandai and Infinite Undiscovery is from Tri-Ace.

Eternal Sonata is getting a good deal of buzz from the Japanese demo they released. Looks good.

blue dragon was packaged for tremendous prices and was also praised big time by the japanese press and gamers.....relative to the 360 it spiked sales well for a couple weeks, but did little to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

At least microsoft isnt giving up, but there really is nothing to salvage in japan for them this generation or maybe ever. 

Eternal Sonata is the SHIZ bomb!!! Those BD shots aren't in game they are CG scenes.

I reckon that only Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey show that the 'Japanese developers [are] taking notice of the 360's potential', the other titles look so-so

You don't even need to just talk about those games, just look at Dead Rising, Lost Planet and now Ace Combat all coming to 360. Companies go where the sales are...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Technical "potential" of the 360 hasnt been an issue since the PS3 dev kits went out about a year ago. Every engineer and programmer knew that PS3 and 360 would be somewhat equivalent output wise. The problem isnt its potential, but rather its market penetration. Its going nowhere fast in Japan.