By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to stop hyping the NX, it will lead to disappointment.

I am a ...

Nintendo fan and will buy, no matter what. 148 49.66%

Nintendo fan and won't buy, I'm done. 41 13.76%

Nintendo fan, will only b... 28 9.40%

Outsider, Will buy no matter what. 19 6.38%

Outsider, will only buy i... 49 16.44%

Outsider, will only buy i... 13 4.36%

Total:298

NINTENDO NX...A NEW WAY TO PLAY...your Wii u games
Hey all. I've been lurking on this site so long it's unforgivable, sorry.
I have to agree with many of the people posting in this thread about the damaging affects these NX rumors are having. I have been playing games since PONG came out for TV. I have owned every Nintendo console ever made.
These rumors of a super powerful do all Nintendo machine just don't make sense. This is Nintendo people. They make FUN games on less expensive consoles. Nintendo has tried the expensive console route and failed. The Wii U
is expensive because of the game pad. Too expensive.
A new way to play? Your console game streamed to your portable controller? Vita has done this since the PS3!
Launch games that are ports of games I already play on my Wii U? No reason to buy NX.
I LOVE Nintendo and know what will happen to the video game industry without them. I lived through the video game crash of the 80's.
Sorry, but this NX premature launch is a disaster that is unavoidable. Nintendo's audience has moved on to tablets and smart phones. If Nintendo does not follow them they are going the way of Sega, with quickly replaced failed hardware further alienating their shrinking fan base.
I'm not saying Nintendo is doomed. Look at the money they are sitting on. I'm saying they need to accept their new home is on mobile devices.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969