By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Killer Instinct has grown into the "people's champ"

Tagged games:

Street Fighter V will good in few month or year just like KI is now. IMO

I like KI but many move are same (just like SF) and after a while i get tired of it.
Now with season 3 hope they will offer enough to make me want play it again.

Around the Network

I used to play every fighting game available, from SF to Samura Sho-Down, to fucking Clay Fighter. As time went on, I narrowed it down to Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Another, and Mortal Kombat.

Last gen, it was pretty much just Street Fighter (variations like MvC and SFvT, too), Mortal Kombat, and Soul Calibur--with me really not caring for the latest Soul Calibur direction and not really feeling Tekken.

This gen, I fucking despise Street Fighter V. It's a great game but the roster, the changes in gameplay, and the goddam micro transaction model ("But you can earn money in game to blah, blah"--fuck you.) really soured me on this one. I went back to SFIV.

I've barely spent time with KI but I can tell it's high quality. I used to love the series in the 90's. Not really a fan of its micro transaction model, either but it's got a fuck ton of content and it has varying price points. I bought season one and two and all of their add ons (got the KI1 and KI2 Arcade games, too!) and I don't feel I should pay $40 for all of the Season 3 stuff. I can say, without a doubt, for someone buying KI fresh in 2016, they're getting a much better experience than SFV (for now), at least. Depends on how you feel about the characters and gameplay, though.

Other fighting games? I can't really speak on those. I haven't played them.

Fear_Me_All said:

I like KI but many move are same (just like SF) and after a while i get tired of it.

...I'm a little confused here. Many moves are the same? KI's roster has arguably the most diverse moveset of any fighting game...ever. With the exception of Jago/Shadow Jago, you'd be hard pressed to find any character with a remotely similar moveset to another.

MTZehvor said:
Fear_Me_All said:

...I'm a little confused here. Many moves are the same? KI's roster has arguably the most diverse moveset of any fighting game...ever. With the exception of Jago/Shadow Jago, you'd be hard pressed to find any character with a remotely similar moveset to another.

They're not that similar. Not as close as Ken-Ryu.

People's champion is a bit too far.

The way they released it put of many people, like myself.

It should have been the retail game that made me buy the xbox one,

Around the Network

Currently the best fighting game out this gen hands down imo with the release of season 3. SFV was SUCH a disappointment....but it will also get better in time when everything is added. But for now as a fighting game fan KI3 is the best out there. Deep and diverse! The only thing that could possibly top it for me is Tekken 7! And that is not out yet sooooo....the crown currently belongs to KI season 3!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Goatseye said:
MTZehvor said:

They're not that similar. Not as close as Ken-Ryu.

Oh I agree. I'm simply saying that, with that one exception, every character in KI has a radically different moveset that isn't even remotely comparable to another.

Never been a fan of the KI series. People rave about this one so much it makes me want to try it. Doubt I'll feel any different though.

Bought the PC version at launch and sadly haven't had much time to play it since then but I was thoroughly impressed by the quality of the tutorial. Now I just need to be able to chain a strong Endokuken to a Shadow Endokuken to progress further and learn the rest of the game's mechanics.

Signature goes here!

Now that it's on PC I plan on buying the Supreme Edition which comes with everything.

Question: is the game cross buy? I maybe plan on getting an Xbox 1 if the rumors of a Slim/1.5 are true so would be nice if I could also play it on a console. Does it ever go on sale?

Tbh I sucked at the first KI games but this game looks good and I don't wanna get SFV until there is more meat to it.

Too bad it's not on Steam/Origin.