By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Windows Phone sucks ass and you should never ever get such a device

Wow. Not surprised. I have been avoiding MS at every possible point for over a decade. I rarely hear anything good about their phones.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
I had a Lumia 920 for 3-4 years now.
Never had a single problem that you describe... Except for tethering, but I tether over Bluetooth anyway.
I can even plug it into any PC/Mac and browse it like a USB flash drive.
It's been less problematic than my iOS and Android tablets and I use it more.

And it's been a durable phone, not a single crack in it... I have dropped it, sat on it, slept with it, even left it in the rain... Everything. Still works as fast and fluidly as the day I got it.

I also have wireless charging. Hate cables.

Ordered a Lumia 640 for a friend, so let's see if the same things replicate themselves that the Op describes.

It irks me whenever I read "Wireless charging". It's not really wireless, it's plugless.... on one side.. The cables are still there. Nothing against your preference, I just hate the term, it doesn't make sense, how it caught on is beyond me.

I will read the wall of text later, the only reason for not purchasing a windows phone is the lack of some apps and if you have a problem τto be deprived of them... Otherwise, I can't fathom such a resentment for windows phone!

I like the stuff you can do on Android phones more than Apple ones, but I like the layout of Apple phones more. But yeah, I'd never get a Windows phone

Machina said:

I quite like my Windows Phone. I'm not a huge phone user - mostly have one 'just in case' for emergencies when I'm out, as a clock and alarm, to send the odd text, as a back-up MP3 player, and to take pictures with.

The only thing I really dislike about it is the lack of a 'pester' feature. People like myself who aren't checking their phones every 5 minutes could really do with a reminder/pester sound whenever we have new texts and haven't read them after x amount of time. Bizarrely Windows Phone doesn't have such a feature nor, as far as I know, any apps that would add it.

Then join us to the insider program and make your suggestions! lol :) ;)

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

You shouldn't have invested in a windows phone. If you want a good budget phone, get the third gen Moto G, or Apple's pseudo budget iPhone, the SE.

Even MS isn't wasting more time on Windows mobile, it was completely missing from their 2016 build keynotes.

Not trying to dis the platform, but you can get MS best apps on either Android or iOS. For now, avoid WMP. In the future, the situation may change, and I personally think it will change for the better.

For good budget android phones, check the following smartphones:

Nexus 5x

Moto G third generation, Moto X pure edition.

From what I have seen, lag is the definition of cheap androind phones,  I won't sacrifice the smooth running windows phone due to the lack of some mainstream apps, for a cheap android phone ...

As for iphone SE, 399 euros, essentially, isn't a price of a  budget phone, its a low price for the iphone's own self...

Too late

tak13 said:
LurkerJ said:

You shouldn't have invested in a windows phone. If you want a good budget phone, get the third gen Moto G, or Apple's pseudo budget iPhone, the SE.

Even MS isn't wasting more time on Windows mobile, it was completely missing from their 2016 build keynotes.

Not trying to dis the platform, but you can get MS best apps on either Android or iOS. For now, avoid WMP. In the future, the situation may change, and I personally think it will change for the better.

For good budget android phones, check the following smartphones:

Nexus 5x

Moto G third generation, Moto X pure edition.

From what I have seen, lag is the definition of cheap androind phones,  I won't sacrifice the smooth running windows phone due to the lack of some mainstream apps, for a cheap android phone ...

As for iphone SE, 399 euros, essentially, isn't a price of a  budget phone, its a low price for the iphone's own self...

You may wanna brush up on cheap android phones then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgK-bxZIG-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HDKRP4nzc0

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-3rd-Generation-Unlocked/dp/B00ZQVSKS2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1460237572&sr=8-2&keywords=moto+g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NTOZbjg6SE

Windows 8.1 mobile is smooth, if we are only or mostly talking about the operating system. Lots of third party apps run like shit. Most windows phone users here stated they don't care about apps, which is probably why they had no complaints. 

Windows 10 mobile shipped in a sorry state, I actually think the Lumia 950, which is NOT a budget phone, did more damage than good to the windows phone platform. Android has its problems, WM have double the problems.

Android ftw

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

OP sorry but reading that is hilarious
I've used a windows phone before I know the pain.
Myself, since I upgraded from IOS to android a few years ago I can't imagine going back, Iphones are OK and all but just can't match a top range android in hardware or OS.