By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cemu 1.4.1 (WiiU emu).New Super Mario Bros U and more now play great! some at 60FPS!.

MegaDrive08 said:
If you dont support the platform you dont support gaming and in my eyes are not a real gamer, you want this industry to thrive then support the real thing.

Common now... Most of us own a Wii U and 30 or more games for it.

Doesnt mean it wouldnt be cool to run some of these games in higher resolutions, than the Wii U does.

Emulation is just the safe guarding of gameing history.

This emulator still doesnt play more than a hand full of games okayish, not full speed, graphics glitchies and missing textures ect.

By the time this plays most things flawlessly the Wii U will be long dead, and people will have moved onto the NX.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
zero129 said:

i5-2500K@3.3ghz, AMD r9-280x 3GB GDDR5, 8gb ram, windows 10. So it doesnt take too high of specs to run and it will get even faster as it developes more.

Wow that is pretty nice for only 3.3Ghz. How well do you run Dolphin and PCSX2? I have the same PC pretty much, except I have a 4690k at 4.5 Ghz. Otherwise same GPU and ram. I wonder how CPU bound vs. GPU bound Cemu is. I know DX12 has improved the performance of a lot of emulators recently, particularly the PS3 one. 

DX12 also helped Dolphin alot.... its less demanding now than it used to be, to run games full speed.

Barkley said:
MegaDrive08 said:
Hardly anyones ever going to use this, only a small minority.

Are you talking about the emulator or the WiiU?

You did the joke I was thinking but better!

In the grand scheme, its not gonna take much sales from Wii U considering its a console on the way out. Generally speaking, people with great PCs aren't playing Wii U.

It looks like this emulator is not far away from being a viable way to play Bayonetta 2. There is video of it on YouTube.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Well if emulators respected the industry they would wait to release it once the official platform has ceased production, not when its still on the market.

Not close to real and illegal.

We can't have this.... buy consoles and games is the only way to have more consoles and games!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
MegaDrive08 said:
Well if emulators respected the industry they would wait to release it once the official platform has ceased production, not when its still on the market.

you know it takes years and years, to get it running.

Even now its still a year or more away from haveing games running flawlessly.

By then the Wii U will be dead anyways and nintendo will be all about the NX anyways.

This wont hurt sales any.

WII U WII U WII U
Huh, sounds like the wambulance has arrived

Anyway it's awesome to see this progressing so quickly, who would have thought in just over 3 years they would have made this much progress.

Wii U is the last emulator I'd ask for. The few games I think are worth owning already have great performance and look good on TV. It's also a system that doesn't have any rare games or crazy Japanese imports, even the Wii and og Xbox had a few.

Now what system desperately needs a working emu? The 3DS. First system that prevents me from enjoying games due to the hardware. I can't stand the low res lcd screens that result in huge blocky pixels and just look bad compared to other modern mobile screens that use OLED and IPS.

zero129 said:
fedfed said:
Not close to real and illegal.

We can't have this.... buy consoles and games is the only way to have more consoles and games!

Exactly whats illegal about it?. Cemu is perfectly legal so is emulation. What you do with the games is up to you.

Why emulation is good for me and im sure many others, it saves me looking for my games then hooking up my system whenever i want to play them, it also means i can play them in higher res and with better effects then they originally had.

I have my whole classic console collection saved and stored on my PC to use whenever i want.

But yes, i guess we should just keep buying "Remasters" of games we already own whenever a company decides to allow us that -_- . Thanks but no thanks!, ive payed for my games, ive payed for my system originally, i dont need to pay again in a few years time to play the game in better res when the company releases a remaster version i can do that on my PC with the games i already own thanks to emulation.

Well what do you think?

I am sure downloading Cemu is OK - but what about playing games are not meant for the purpuse?

Nintendo is the owner of Nintendo games - and we must pay to play them as and when and how Nintendo wants. so yes that's all.

nothing else much to be added to be honest.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#emulator

Switch!!!

Turkish said:
Wii U is the last emulator I'd ask for. The few games I think are worth owning already have great performance and look good on TV. It's also a system that doesn't have any rare games or crazy Japanese imports, even the Wii and og Xbox had a few.

Now what system desperately needs a working emu? The 3DS. First system that prevents me from enjoying games due to the hardware. I can't stand the low res lcd screens that result in huge blocky pixels and just look bad compared to other modern mobile screens that use OLED and IPS.

Yeah I like my 3DS but the tiny screen & low res.... the hardware is limiting the games there.

Sadly the Citra 3D emulator isnt that far along, it ll be a loooooong time before we can play 3DS games on pc, flawlessly and up ressed.