By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How can anyone dissmiss the graphics of FF15? Not the devolopers but your Consoles are too weak for this game #Reality

Nautilus said:
Neodegenerate said:

The weird thing to me is that this is what FF is known for.  As far back as I can recall the FF series generally sets the standard for what the graphical and performance output for a machine can be.  The race has certainly gotten tighter in more recent gens, but the fact that people are taking a hastily thrown together demo and declaring it as the be all end all of their expectation for the game is quite silly.

Yeah, I completely agree.FF was sinonimous of best graphic and console performance, especially in the 5th gen.Hope they can reclaim that throne.But as you said, people are complaining about a demo, where the main game still have 5 months to release.But thats the internet for you.

The game has been in development for 10 years.

Fans have all the rights in the world to be concerned.

I hope its all right tho, i love the FF series.

Around the Network
Wright said:

How is the console's fault considering the game started as a Ps3 developed title?

Ambitions > Tech and even current consoles seem not good enough. (theorically)

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Wright said:

How is the console's fault considering the game started as a Ps3 developed title?

Nahhh. Thats a scape goat.

Great visuals is not really an excuse. Optimisation is about making the most of out the given hardware and delivering a great experience. If poor performance negatively effects people's experience then the game isn't that well optimised for the platform.

But that is where it becomes completely subjective. Some people demand 60fps, many are comfortable with 30fps as long as its solid, some don't mind minor, occasional dipping. Others have even lower standards (yourself maybe). I've personally played a lot of games with dodgy frame rates and haven't minded much (Elderscrolls Oblivion), but then I play a game with screen tearing and absolutely despise it.

Haven't played the latest FF demo, so I can't give you my own personal take but considering its more or less an action RPG now, I imagine a framerate dropping as low as 15fps is not that acceptable. Point is, its for each and every person to judge on their own.

FunFan said:

Worse yet. Their ambition was too high for the old tech. You just can't say it was also too high for this current tech. They just went on and on and on and now the game is paying the price.

Around the Network

A lot of early access games on PC are broken. Why is that?

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Has there been a case of a game that went thru development hell and it was great when released?

Ruler said:
Normchacho said:

Eeehhh...that's debatable. It might be the best looking open world game, though a case could certainly be made for the Witcher 3. But it's not anywhere near the best looking game this gen.

The Order 1886, Quantum Break, and Uncharted 4 are all much better looking, and probably all more technically demanding.

nope, they are not open world, no giant monsters, no boss fights, no cool spells. Only your soldiers to shoot at. Its segnificantley less demanding than FF15

Uuhhh... except that all of those games are significantly more detailed than what we've seen for FFXV so far.

All of those games also made extensive use of alpha effects, had much better character models and animations.

Speaking of Uncharted 4 specifically, though FFXV is a full open world, it's draw distance isn't really much larger than Uncharteds.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

AEGRO said:
Nautilus said:

Yeah, I completely agree.FF was sinonimous of best graphic and console performance, especially in the 5th gen.Hope they can reclaim that throne.But as you said, people are complaining about a demo, where the main game still have 5 months to release.But thats the internet for you.

The game has been in development for "10 years".

While tecnically true, we all know thats not the case.The game had so many reimagining and revisions and was made much bigger than initially was that I dont really think you can say that it has been in development in 10 years.In my vision this is a completely different game from the one that was first revealed 10 years ago eve rsince they decided to make this FF XV instead of Versus.You could argue that the game is more expensive than it should have been because of that though.

My hopes for this game has been repaired after i seen that they improved greatly the gameplay.In the first demo it just felt weird.Not its much better, especially after IGN said it feels like KH.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
AEGRO said:

The game has been in development for "10 years".

While tecnically true, we all know thats not the case.The game had so many reimagining and revisions and was made much bigger than initially was that I dont really think you can say that it has been in development in 10 years.In my vision this is a completely different game from the one that was first revealed 10 years ago eve rsince they decided to make this FF XV instead of Versus.You could argue that the game is more expensive than it should have been because of that though.

My hopes for this game has been repaired after i seen that they improved greatly the gameplay.In the first demo it just felt weird.Not its much better, especially after IGN said it feels like KH.

You havent played the demo?