By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why didnt Sega get the backlash MS does?

And we all know what happened to Sega lol

Around the Network

Different Era... less internet/voices.

Hmm, pie.

because they gave it up in 1997 in the west even tough various of japanese games were released in japan

The internet.

Is it because Internet was  a Niche, and Expensive thing, only avaliable via Phone's Lines ?, now we have a good market Here on PC, and we are on the Era of Information, with so much Social Midias, and Youtube, and Skyrim, for example, the Steam Version, out-sold all Doom, Quake, Diablo, Star Craft, WarCraft, Wolfeinstein, Civilization, Fallout, and The Elder Scrolls, and a lot of other games combined (the versions until the late 90s)

Around the Network
zero129 said:

Ok so we all know MS gets alot of backlash for putting their "Exclusives" on PC.

Yet what people dont seem to realize is that back when Sega was making consoles they also had some of their biggest games on PC.

Virtua Fighter, Daytona, Sega Rally, Sonic Cd, Panzar Dragoon etc etc.

Now most of us console gamers back then maybe didnt even know Sega had them games on PC, or just didnt care. For me i think this is how the Console space feels about it today also, I feel like its the Hardcore fans thats on the internet that makes it look like its a bigger deal then it is and since the internet wasnt really around back then thats why it wasnt much of a problem.

So why do you guys think Sega didnt get the Backlash that MS does??.

You answered your own question at the end.  It's not complicated.  The Internet.  There isn't some conspiracy against MS.  

Edit:  I also think the majority do not care but obviously extreme fans are going to be more vocal.

This is likely why it seemed there were so many Xbox fans angry at MS for putting exclusives on PC.  It's probably, in reality, a small percentage of Xbox fans that are angry about it.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

I'm not sure what you mean about "backlash".

Are we talking list wars about what consoles have all the best true exclusives and therefore is the bestest console to own if you're a console gamer and that exclusive lists always have holes picked in them because so many games aren't true exclusives?

Or are we talking about Xbox fans getting angry because games they expected to be true exclusives forever wind up on PC so the Xbox fans feel betrayed or that their favourite console has become devalued in some way?

Or is it because MS has obfuscated at best or straight up lied at worst about a few games being Xbox exclusive and "buy Xbox people because this game is only on Xbox" and then the game winds up on PC?

I can understand some sort of backlash on the latter, because PR bullshit should always be criticised because it's the only way for PR bullshit to stop; though it never stops. Bot other than that deserved criticism I don;t see much backlash on MS specifically because it puts a lot of its games on PC. But maybe I'm just not visiting the right websites, or forum arguments.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

There was no internet back then.Conundrum solved.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

binary solo said:
I'm not sure what you mean about "backlash".

Are we talking list wars about what consoles have all the best true exclusives and therefore is the bestest console to own if you're a console gamer and that exclusive lists always have holes picked in them because so many games aren't true exclusives?

Or are we talking about Xbox fans getting angry because games they expected to be true exclusives forever wind up on PC so the Xbox fans feel betrayed or that their favourite console has become devalued in some way?

Or is it because MS has obfuscated at best or straight up lied at worst about a few games being Xbox exclusive and "buy Xbox people because this game is only on Xbox" and then the game winds up on PC?

I can understand some sort of backlash on the latter, because PR bullshit should always be criticised because it's the only way for PR bullshit to stop; though it never stops. Bot other than that deserved criticism I don;t see much backlash on MS specifically because it puts a lot of its games on PC. But maybe I'm just not visiting the right websites, or forum arguments.

Good post. 

If Xbox one owners bought the console expecting certain exclusives because they were told this then it is definitely their right as a consumer to voice anger at the change.  

I don't see why them doing so would bother other gamers whom are not upset or it did not impact negatively.  I definitely can't see how Sega compares to the situation.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Nautilus said:
There was no internet back then.Conundrum solved.

You Solved a Millennium Prize Problem.