By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: A Thief's End Previews Galore.

GribbleGrunger said:

View on YouTube

It's good to be a PS4 owner right now.

Awesome, the game being the longer Uncharted ever made + the replay value of this game much bigger than the + all the collectibles with secret areas to find, i'm sure it can easily take 20h for one playthrough like TLOU if you want to find everything.

I love the physic of the car's rope, so much detailed, it could have been all scripted but it's quite dynamic, for example, instead of just breaking one pillar like in the IGN playthrough, you can put the rope around both and take them down at the same time.

I love how you have a better full control of all your actions in this Uncharted, much more than in all the precedents.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Nice:

'Then how much UI we put on the screen, because Uncharted is known for having very limited UI. We found that the AI is so sophisticated that we needed to give the player some extra help, but for hardcore gamers that don't like that, you can go into the options and turn it all off.'

An hour with Uncharted 4:

View on YouTube

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Nice:

'Then how much UI we put on the screen, because Uncharted is known for having very limited UI. We found that the AI is so sophisticated that we needed to give the player some extra help, but for hardcore gamers that don't like that, you can go into the options and turn it all off.'

An hour with Uncharted 4:

View on YouTube

Where does the quote come from ? Because in a review, they said they went in options  to desactivate the HUD and it was written " can only be disabled after one playthrough" ( like the hardest difficulty not available first)

It was Eurogamer I think.

The advantage of real time cutscenes:

The PS5 Exists. 

looks great, might get a PS4 sometime in the future.

Around the Network

Proof that ingame models = cinematic models, after going in water, the character is all wet.

Aerys said:

Proof that ingame models = cinematic models, after going in water, the character is all wet.

And something else I noticed is when Nate turns the key you can see heat marks from his knuckles on the dashboard. Frigin' amazing.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Aerys said:

And something else I noticed is when Nate turns the key you can see heat marks from his knuckles on the dashboard. Frigin' amazing.

I actually think those are graphics artefacts. Most likely from having a shadow buffer be interpolated from previous frames. I think they have that for various effects in the game. For example that time when Nate jumps from the tower high up and uses the grappling hook to knock some guy down on the other building, if you look at the grass there you can see weird lines in the grass for a split second aswell.

Not its not like Quantum Break where they interpolate the geometry itself from 4 720p frames. This just seems to be singular effects that have that in them.

When combat starts everyone magically knows where Nate is. Dat ND AI

Look at that crazy detail. Drakes knuckles leave heat marks on dashboard:

The PS5 Exists.